Search results

1. F

Migrating napp-it to new hardware

Hey there, So I've currently purchased some new hardware for my Esxi/napp-it aio as I couldn't fit any more drives in the current case. I'm currently planning the migration from old to new hardware. I'm going to do a fresh install of esxi and napp-it ovf on the new hardware. When it comes to...
  2. F

Unable to get Supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F to USB boot

Hey there, So I've recently purchased a new storage server that includes a Supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F. Unfortunately it looks like the previous owner failed to reset the IPMI, so I'm currently locked out... I managed to reset the IPMI network config via the BIOS, and so can hit the login page...
  3. F

EU WTB: UK - Supermicro 3U or 4U storage chassis

Hi there, I'm looking for a Supermicro 3U or 4U storage chassis, like the 836 or 846. Without motherboard preferred, as I'm planning on transplanting an existing server-grade NAS. Let me know what you've got. Thanks Gavin
  4. F

Supermicro NAS Upgrade

So the time has finally come to increase the storage on my current ESXi/NAS AIO. Current specs are: Fractal Node 804 case Supermicro X10SL7 MB, onboard LSI2308 flashed to IT mode. Intel Xeon E3-1220 v3 32GB RAM 6x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA3 SATA HDDs - General storage in RAIDZ2 2x 250GB Samsung...
  5. F

Napp-IT / ESXi issues

So I'm having a bit of a mare with my ESXi/Napp-IT AIO box atm... It's been running perfectly happily for 2 years+, however in the past week or so I've been experiencing random IO waits when streaming via Kodi or Plex, and they have now got bad enough to trigger an 'All Paths Down' event in...
  6. F

NFS Media mounts and file permissions...

Afternoon all I'm currently setting up a new media server backed by Napp-IT NFS storage on an ESXi AIO installation... I've got NFS exports setup for the various media categories, such as 'music', 'movies', '3dmovies', 'tvshows', etc... They are all mounted on my 'media' VM, which I'm now...
  7. F

Home VM + ZFS NAS AIO server

Afternoon all First time posting a build thread, so go easy on me... ;) It's time for me to build my first proper home NAS and VM platform. I'm a Linux Sysadmin by day, so know my way around most things, including VMWare and virtualisation. Plan is to build a 'small' home server to provide...