Search results

1. R

FS: Atom C3558 Fanless Network Appliance

Question: in theory, if one was to run a Palo Alto vm on this and pass through the bypass nics, configure those interfaces as a virtual wire (transparent firewall) – would traffic continue to flow over the NICs with the VM and / or whole host powered off? Am I understanding that right?
  2. R

Big Multigig (2.5 / 5 / 10) PoE++ with QSFP+ / QSFP28 switches

Cisco C3850-24XU, C3850-12X48U
  3. R

SOLD SOLD SOLD [FS] [US-GA] 4x Dell / Hitachi 14TB SATA HDDs SOLD SOLD SOLD

Stampy Looking to recoup on my holiday spending and lab consolidation. All prices OBO and include shipping to CONUS, unless otherwise indicated. Willing to make deals for multiple items. Local ZIP is 30240, can meet within an hour of home, or in the S/SW Atlanta area. Qty Price (ea) Make...
  4. R

20+ port 2.5G POE managed switch recommendation

I use a Cisco 3850-24XU for this purpose. It's certainly more expensive than a 'standard' 3850, but as multigig switches from real enterprise vendors go, it's not bad. If you can live with 12 multigig ports, 3850-12X48Uor 3650-12X48U are also options. The newer stuff (9200/9300 series are still...
  5. R

best price/perf/feature 4x SFP+ fanless switch

If you're interested in the brocade / ruckus switches, you can pick up a 7150-24(P) or -48(P) and configure it to run fanless with chassis fanless. It'll just limit your poe budget. See Commscope Technical Content Portal.
  6. R

[FS] [USA-GA] Juniper EX3300-48P, GLi.Net X300B LTE Gateway, 2x Mikrotik S+RJ10 Multigig SFP+ Modules

Timestamps --- All prices are OBO, payments via PayPal invoice, free shipping to CONUS via USPS Priority Mail unless otherwise specified. I'm looking to get rid of a bunch of stuff before moving so make me offers, including combo deals if you want. --- Juniper EX3300-48P L3 Switch - 48-port...
  7. R

finding a poe+ passthrough switch to go downstream from a poe++ switch?

You're right, my bad. I was thinking of the 6450-C12-PD (though that one is POE+ powered and outputs POE in that case, so not what OP is looking for).
  8. R

Help Me Pick New APs (Aruba vs Ruckus)

I don't want to derail this thread, but I'd also be super interested in more details regarding the vSZ licensing
  9. R

[FS] [USA-GA] ALL GONE

Yeah sorry, I accidentally hit enter after typing just the title and had to scramble to write the post body haha. It's updated now :)
  10. R

[FS] [USA-GA] ALL GONE

ALL GONE! BUT, if anyone wants to sell anything that's down on my trades list, hmu. Pics of everything --- Just the Sophos Firewall remaining folks - take my last excess item! All prices are OBO, payments via PayPal invoice, free shipping to CONUS via USPS Priority Mail unless otherwise...
  11. R

finding a poe+ passthrough switch to go downstream from a poe++ switch?

Kind of depends what features you want / need in the 'downstream' switch, but a couple options are Cisco 3560cx, Ruckus ICX7150-C12
  12. R

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Where on the 6xxx you have to do this: vlan 69 tag eth 1/1/12 vlan 80t tag eth 1/1/12 int eth 1/1/12 dual-mode 80 On the 7xxx, all you have to do is: vlan 69 tag eth 1/1/12 vlan 80 untag eth 1/1/12
  13. R

On the 7150 you can configure tagged and untagged vlans on the same port directly, as you discovered it no longer uses dual mode.
  14. R

I've moved to a Juniper core with ex3300, but it's pretty much the same noise level as the 7250. Still got a few fanless icx switches kicking around though.
  15. R

[WTB] rack ears for ICX7250

Very hard to find and rarely come up for sale. I actually had to pick up a 6430-c12 just because it came with ears (btw, 64xx-c12 ears are the same as 7150-c12). That said, I just found this yesterday and was thinking about buying a couple just in case: New Brocade Ruckus ICX7000-C12-RMK Post...
  16. R

Well to add another idea, I just used twist ties to secure it to the Poe board above it which held it loosely in place. Didn't want to make any permanent modifications and it still worked excellently. This was mine...
  17. R

Ruckus ZoneDirector 1200 & Pair Of R610 APs - Upgrading Software

If you're open to playing with different things and not having a physical appliance, you could also look at spinning up virtual smartzone.
  18. R

ip ospf active / ipv6 ospf active in the interface config like so: interface ve 69 port-name transit ip ospf area 69 ip ospf active ipv6 ospf area 69 ipv6 ospf active
  19. R

Accelerated packet pushers, e.g. XDP vs DPDK - what do you use, and why?

I think I read somewhere on this site that Danos, based on ATT's dNOS, itself based on vyatta (like VyOS) uses dpdk to good effect. It's something I've been wanting to look at for general curiosity, but just personally I can't think of any use case (for myself) where I would need that kind of...
  20. R

Mine fluctuates alot as well, but not to the same heights y'alls seem to. It doesn't add too much to the data other than to show that your spikes up to 200ms probably have more to do with your traffic patterns and network topology than the device itself.