Search results

1. J

Anyone know what SoC the VMware SD-Wan Edge 840 uses?

I was originally hoping it was the C3958, which would make it a cheap whitebox supermicro edge networking device, the performance seems to be similar to the 680. But after some digging I found a document stating availability of august 2016, while Denverton did not launch until 2017. So it...
  2. J

Anyone know where i can find the Chenbro 2x rear NVMe hotswap bay in the US.

The part number is 384-23801-3103A0, but i cannot find it in stock anywhere.
  3. J

Anyone know of some decent low power 10G switches like the US-16-XG?

I currently have an ICX-6450 and would like to add a 10G switch with at least 8 ports, but it seems like any upgrade with used enterprise gear would use 50+W and I don't like the few mikrotik 10G switches available. Ideally i would like the aforementioned Edgeswitch, but it's effectively EOL...
  4. J

I found this awesome set of Innovision Chassis, any idea where to buy them?

S25608 Hot Swap Storage Server Case-Shenzhen Innovision Technology Co.,Ltd-1U 2U 3U 4U Server case,4U workstation,rugged industrial all-in-one Computer, (iovstech.com) It has 12 bays, can be configured as 8 SAS 12G + 4 NVMe, along with 2 2.5" SATA in the back if you go fore redundant PSUs. I...
  5. J

Anyone have newer bios files for the D1541D4U-2T8R than are available on Asrocks site?

I found a post for the Skylake-D version of these boards that had newer BIOSes than were available from asrocks public site. I'm mainly hoping for a bios file that supports PCI-E bifurcation on the two PCI-E slots, but any other updates would be nice too.
  6. J

For some reason my i believe my D1541D4U-2T8R is running its fans at 7v

I got some arctic cooling 6K RPM fans to replace the 15K RPM fans that were in my Datto Server, but they run at 3K RPM instead of 6K. Looking at the datasheet the fans will run at 3K RPM @ 7v, and hooking the fans up directly to 12v Does give higher fan speeds. But i haven't 100% confirmed...
  7. J

I can't initialize two Netapp PM1633 disks i got off ebay.

When i try to initialize the disks in disk manager i get an IO error. Same issue after cleaning the disk. They do not show up in linux. Smart shows no issues, same with device manager. Are these drives locked to Netapp software, or is there a firmware issue?
  8. J

Does anyone know who the ODM is for the datto S3-P1000 chassis?

Here's a pic of the inside Here's some pics of the outside. The blue color scheme looks familiar, but i can't remember who uses it. I just wanted to know the specifics before i pick a couple up.
  9. J

Does anyone know the registry setting you're supposed to toggle for windows to cache writes in RAM?

There's a registry field that tells windows you have a battery backup for your server, which allows Windows to cache writes in memory before writing to disk.
  10. J

How exactly do you set up Storage Tiering with parity on the HDDs?

The GUI only allows you to create dual mirror tiers, all the powershell examples I've found are for dual mirror, and the only instructions i've found are for Windows Admin Center which does not match what i'm seeing in admin center. This is the command I tried to run from the information...
  11. J

Does a Brocade ICX-6450 support 2.5G Base T transceivers?

I was wondering if it could use a 2.5G transceiver in my SFP+ port to interface with a 2.5G base T router.
  12. J

Are there any routers/firewalls using the newer models of the CAVIUM Octeon Chips used in the ER-4 series?

I really want to upgrade my ER-12P to take advantage of multi gigabit, and possibly a NGFW. I was looking at mikrotik, but their routers seem really underpowered and don't offer any reasonably priced 10G gear. Intel's C3558 was another option for its low power and accelerators, but I...
  13. J

Any idea when well get a Denverton successor?

I've been wanting a Denverton board for my NAS for a while now, but the 16 core option seemed kinda crazy priced. I was hoping for a new series to offer more cores at the top end, causing the price of the 16 core to come down to a more reasonable amount. But its been almost two years now...
  14. J

Could anyone here help me get the bios for an S9300x2

I want to mod my fury so that the MxGPU drivers detect it as an s9300 and allow me to use GPU virtualization. I'm pretty sure it just checks for the PCI sub device ID, but I haven't been able to find the file in ESXI where the GPUs are white listed.