Search results

1. C

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Looks like a NAT issue on the edgerouter. I seem to recall that the default edgerouter config only NATs the first LAN port.
  2. C

Yes. Read the first post in the thread carefully for how to obtain...
  3. C

I personally measured the 6450-24 (non-POE) from a meter away at just under 40db with stock fans. Some people have reported louder stock fans and have had to replace them to get acceptable noise levels, but if you’re comparing this to your 6610 (have one of these as well) it is not even close...
  4. C

The best thing to look at for this will be the Security Configuration Guide. You can register and download for free on the Ruckus site. Look for "Extended ACL Lists", as those allow you to add L4 source/destination information. To say that the use of these ACLs is flexible is an...
  5. C

Yes. For basic firewalling and NAT you can use just about anything. I have 1gb symmetric fiber to the home and was getting near line speed with a cheap $70 EdgeRouter lite and have done the same with a Unifi Security Gateway (USG). I switched to a Mikrotik RB4011 because it provides NetFlow and...
  6. C

Ok. Now have 6610-24 (2x RevA PSUs), 6450-24, and 7250-24P that were purchased in that order. Since there is a lot of discussion on noise: - The 6450-24 with stock fans was so quiet (38-42db) that I was able to move it to a bedroom closet and nobody knows it is there w/ 2 10gb and a dozen 1gb...
  7. C

Not an RJ45 on the 7250. The 6610/6450 use rj45. Also, everything I’ve read online data that it is not compatible with the Cisco cable referenced. However there is one post on Reddit where someone Frankensteins a Cisco cable into what is needed and thinking to do that...
  8. C

Now have a 7250 arriving tomorrow...and of course, the totally custom console cable won't arrive until Monday when I'll running off to airports for the holidays. I've read all 138 pages of this and my understanding is that I can't plug a mini-USB to male DB9 serial cable into a female DB9 to USB...
  9. C

For those of you who commented that you wanted the BGP to work with Kubernetes/Calico, I'm finding that the trivial solution is to just run Quagga on one or more of your nodes. I originally tried this with BIRD, but had a few issues due to bird already running in the calico-node container...
  10. C

Yes. 10gbe. Can also confirm that when using RJ45 10gbe SFP+ modules to connect two nodes over a CAT6 stretch, the performance is practically the same as between two nodes connected via 0.5m DAC cable on the same switch. I've used both the HiFiber and Fibay Cisco (Mikrotik compatible) modules...
  11. C

I will 100% confirm that both the ICX6610 and ICX6450 (now have both) support the exact same RJ45 SFP+ modules that my Mikrotik (own CRS305, CRS309, and RB4011) devices accept, along with the same DAC and fiber modules. I literally pulled them from the MT and plugged into the ICX switches...
  12. C

I wanted BGP to pair my physical network with a Kubernetes cluster running Calico networking (no IPIP, VXLAN, or NAT required). On my current 6610, not only did I get this working in about 15 minutes, but I was able to redistribute the routes to other parts of my network via OSPF. Basically all...
  13. C

Just noticed that the 6610-24 (non-POE) that I picked up has two different types of power supplies. Somehow I wasn't paying attention before: Power supply 1 (AC - PoE) present, status ok Model Number: 23-0000142-02 Serial Number: 5JZ Firmware Ver: A Power supply 1...
  14. C

The second PS dropped it 3-4db but wasn't enough to make a material difference -- probably enough to make it work if you'll generally be in the next room, but not in the same one. There's a point between the "FULL ON" at boot (vacuum cleaner) and the regular "speed 1" where the fans spin down...
  15. C

ICX6610-24 with dual RevA power supplies arrived yesterday. Plugged in and immediately my heart sank knowing that the noise level was not going to be acceptable to the wife (who heard it from across the house and immediately made that very clear). Upgraded the OS and certainly it got a bit...