Search results

1. K

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

The screw holes in the board line up with the chassis so you could screw the board down if you wished. I did not, mostly because I did not have immediate access to my parts kits with the extra screws. It is a snug fit to begin with and with the RAID controller screwed in place, it's pretty solid.
  2. K

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Just a quick update. Bought a Supermicro RSC-R1U-E16R riser card off of Amazon and then used it to successfull install a LSI 9260-4i RAID controller into one of our nodes. It took about an hour to re-run the new HDD cables; there are a lot of screws holding the fan brackets in place. The...
  3. K

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

The blades are secured with a single screw on the back panel located by the PCI slot. Disconnect all of the cables, remove the foam shims, pinch the release mechanism on the back and pull the node out. We have Hyper-V Server 2012 R2, ESXi 5.1, and now ESXi 5.5 (thanks to the above post/s) up...
  4. K

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

ESXi & Raid Question What version of ESXi were you able to get running? I've had trouble with 5.5 but 5.1 seems to have gone well. Anyone have a suggestion for a RAID controller that will fit in the confined space available?