Search results

1. M

UK [SOLD] Dell T620 w/ 2x E5-2680v2

Yep, still available, but it's listed on ebay now as well. Happy to let it go a bit cheaper on here though, especially if it's going to a good home. How does £525 shipped sound?
  2. M

Price drop and some pictures, I've got more available on request (including idrac health status). If you have any questions then please ask.
  3. M

UK WTB - Supermicro SAS-836A Backplane

Specifically looking for the A variant as I've read it's a better option than the TQ. I haven't seen any on ebay for ages and I don't want to pay new prices or SAS3 prices, so any help much appreciated. Thanks, Will
  4. M

EDIT: NOW SOLD ELSEWHERE Selling my Dell T620, Dell PowerEdge T620 Tower Chassis with 8 x 3.5" hot-swap bays (with feet, no rails) 2 x Xeon E5-2680 v2 CPU (each 10C/20T, 3.6GHz Turbo) + Heatsinks 64GB (8 x 8GB) DDR3 ECC Ram (1333MHz) Dell iDRAC Enterprise IPMI + 8GB Dell iDRAC SD card 2 x...
  5. M

Intel DC S3500 vs Kingston HyperX for OS/SLOG drives

Try here: Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page | ServeTheHome Forums I have a 3.2TB version running fine in Win 10 after I'd gone through a few initial steps to get it working. Back then there was some uncertainty about getting them to work on linux (eg here) but that may or may not have...
  6. M

Intel DC S3500 vs Kingston HyperX for OS/SLOG drives

You might want to double check compatibility because from memory I don't think the Fusion II drives work with the latest versions of debian/ubuntu, at least not without community developed patches. There's a massive thread on here about these drives and their different versions and compatibility...
  7. M

EU Kioxia KHK61RSE1T92 (1.92 Tb, SATA III) = 135 GBP

Yep, I'm in the UK. Maybe that's the reason.
  8. M

EU (UK) [WTB] PC4 2666MHz ECC UDIMMs

Hi Bob, I've got 12 x 16GB Supermicro (Micron) DDR4 2666 VLP ECC UDIMMs available. Currently on ebay here if you want pictures and details. When I got them I tested them on a X11SCL-IF board which is now deployed without issues. STH pricing is £50 per stick + £7.50 shipping (Royal Mail...
  9. M

Mine arrived fine within a few days of ordering, although I haven't had time to do any proper testing yet.
  10. M

Not for sure, but I'd certainly hope they'd work given they're data center class drives from a well known manufacturer because most of them will spend their entire life in various types of raid arrays.
  11. M

I picked up a couple myself. They're going to be a mirrored pair for hot/warm storage alongside my spinning rust. If they turn out to be legit it's a decent deal for what you get, certainly compared to consumer grade stuff at similar prices.
  12. M

[EU-GER] WTB: Cascade Lake LGA3647 Xeon, 42U Rack, DDR3+DDR4 RAM, AMD EPYC / TR, Watercooling stuff

I've got 8 x Micron 16GB DDR4-2666 UDIMM ECC if that works for you instead?
  13. M

Canon EOS C70 Real-world Usage Notes

What do you use for the macro shots? Some of the close ups recently have been awesome and really differentiate the channel from others, so make sure you keep improving this, especially the smoothness of some of the motion.
  14. M

Yet another ASRock Rack X570D4U-2L2T build ( for ESXi and NAS-usage )

Sweet! Looks like that's solved the overheating problem then :) Now you just need to figure out a permanent shroud solution and you're done. When you do, perhaps make sure it's at a slight angle so it naturally pushes the air down. Right now the fans are blowing directly into a flat (vertical)...
  15. M

So the CPU is at 65°C with the fans only at 500rpm? Is that under stress with the case fully closed?
  16. M

You could well be right about having enough airflow already (nice testing by the way), and perhaps it's a genuine ryzen characteristic, but here's a couple of extra thoughts: - Perhaps you can benefit from a fan setup that gives you significant positive air pressure inside the case, as opposed...