Search results

1. L

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

I found this rare -04 OEM 48-core Rome chip. Since it's -04 I assume it's also overclockable. It's very interesting that cpuz recognize this as a threadripper 3980x, which doesn't even exist. The seller is asking 14,000 CNY ($2,200) for it.
  2. L

Have you been able to figure out what was causing the performance drop for the L3 cache when overclock was applied? I am running into the same exact situation right now.
  3. L

I asked the seller who sold me the ZS1711, he was experiencing similar issues with 2S1705 as well. Where the frequency is often only at 0.4Ghz. But I don't know much more about the situation. 1.5V on a 2S zen 2 chip sounds very scary indeed! I thought of running a batch file at startup to open...
  4. L

I am a little confused about the relationship between changing all-core frequency, CPU voltage, and lock frequency. The CPU I'm using is ZS1711 and the mobo is H11SSL. When I change the all-core frequency only, the VID seems to rise or fall with it as well. To make sure that I was reading the...
  5. L

Overclock your AMD Epyc

With the USB005 device, I was able to disable OCP and achieve benchmark stable at all core 3.75Ghz@1.4V with a 2s1905 on an H11SSL-C. Here are some screenshots I got. Based on the PowIRCenter readings, the VRM was moving more than 340A into the CPU at max (default OCP protection triggers at...
  6. L

Hi, I have a pretty dumb question. So I have a rev1.0 H11SSL-C and I'm considering upgrading the current Naples ES to a Rome ES. I am wondering if I flash the modded bios for Rome support, will I still be able to boot with my Naples CPU? Since the modded rev1.0 bios only have the Rome part from...