Search results

1. V

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

RUCKUS Unleashed 200.15.6.112.52 minor version release for those Apple users still on 200.14 due to the regression in the initial 200.15.6.12.304 release. new feature : add R350e AP support resolved: HomePod Minis are unable to connect to the Unleashed network after upgrading to Unleashed...
  2. V

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I have a similar Boot Code version on an icx-7150-zp using SPR09010j.bin (UFI), Version:10.1.26T225 (mnz10126), curious why you think this incorrect? BTW Ruckus released a minor update RUCKUS ICX FastIron 09.0.10j_cd1 (GA) Software Release (.zip) you can try.
  3. V

Ruckus Primer: Ultimate AP Reset Technique without WebUI Saw this on reddit, could be useful for someone here. The setup tftp server section is sparse, but Fohdeesha has us covered here. Setting up tftp: Windows, Linux, macOS Fohdeesha
  4. V

Qotom Denverton fanless system with 4 SFP+

I would add for those doing this on proxmox to install pve-headers instead of linux-headers-$(uname -r). https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/intel-x553-sfp-ixgbe-no-go-on-pve8.135129/post-626516
  5. V

Rack mount has a fan underneath, last 5-10secs vid, and vents on either side, which I assume takes the place of the chassis heatsink (but no fan) of the original model.
  6. V

I use a lot of Homekit over thread and Matter over Thread devices with Unleased and no issues once at least directed multicast is disabled on the SSID and ETH ports
  7. V

Or you can ssh into the Master AP and use any of the following below you want to try: enable ap-mode set qos igmp_query v2 enable set qos igmp_query v3 enable set qos mld_query v1 enable set qos mld_query v2 enable set qos eth0 mld enable set qos eth1 mld enable set qos eth0 igmp enable set qos...
  8. V

Unleashed-200.15-WhatsNew.pdf
  9. V

Ruckus has acknowledged a 200.15.6.12.304 issue with HomePod Mini's, I have the same problem with larger HomePod Gen2 as well. https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/Unleashed/200-15-Unleashed-HomePod-minis-cannot-join-the-network-after/m-p/74604/highlight/true#M5696
  10. V

I reverted back to 200.14.6.1.203, none of my apple HomePods (mini or Gen2) would connect after the upgrade. They connect fine with the former on a wpa3 network, but would not connect to wpa2, wpa3 or combo wpa2/3 networks on 200.15.6.12.304.
  11. V

The Everything Fanless Home Server Firewall Router and NAS Appliance

@Patrick did you test the the SFP+ ports with any linux distribution using kernel 6.*, including Proxmox? They work in FreeBSD based systems (*sense). I have a similar system and the intel x553 SFP+ does not work in Proxmox 8.*, latest ubuntu or VyOS 1.4 reported in Bug 5103 – 5103 – intel...
  12. V

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Check out the post from @fohdeesha back in 2018 in regards to the FastIron 08.0.30 dhcp server implementation. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/brocade-icx-series-cheap-powerful-10gbe-40gbe-switching.21107/post-206144
  13. V

r770 Ruckus goes wifi 7 and adds Matter/thread (though likely locked up behind $$$ licenses). Should work with unleashed as well. Probably more notable for the potential 2nd hand r*50 APs that will hit the market as enterprise updates. Also sounds like they made additional efforts to lockdown...
  14. V

seems like ruckus took it one step further than sending you a letter from counsel.
  15. V

Yeah channelfly is really aggressive about changing channels on 5ghz, reportedly it settles down after days or weeks, but I have never waited that long.
  16. V

Amazon Mini PC Q20331G9 C3758R also on amazon
  17. V

RUCKUS Unleashed AP 200.14 GA Refresh 2 Build 200.14.6.1.203 is out. I have noted this random rebooting with my R650/R750 APs with 200.14.6.1.199, hoping this does away with that. Resolved Issues in Build 200.14.6.1.203 R650 APs are rebooting with target assert. [ER-12151] Kernel panic reboot...
  18. V

R86S Series boxes

No question that vpp would lower required hardware resources, but is it necessary for networking limited to 10g? OPnsense/pfsense, openwrt and vyos should all handle close to 10g routing with a firewall thrown in as well (if that matters to the OP).
  19. V

As @ms264556 stated. iOS devices have a history of issues with mixed wpa2/wpa3 wlans and Ruckus specifically stated that in firmware releases under known issues. At some point, that statement fell off the list of known issues, but I never saw it listed as fixed. Initially, neither Fast...
  20. V

Are you with Linus tech talks? :) I have three (2 r650 and 1 r750) and have waffled between turning off 2.4Ghz radio on the middle AP, and a 2.4Ghz two-channel (1,6) re-use plan with all 3 to give room for an IoT thread network.