Search results

1. D

The usual noob question(s) about cheap 10gbe again

Hey but shouldn't a 40gbe link be capabable to go any faster than that? For example with 2 ramdisks instead, setup on both ends of the connection. Otherwise the max speed seems not much different than 10gbe, isn't it ?
  2. D

OK so if 40gbe is possible with that option, and assuming that the pci-e 3.0 x4 connection will be capping out at about 3940mb/sec theoretical bandwith... then can you suggest a known good DAC cable. Does it have to match the same brand and be an official Mellanox one? Since the one I linked to...
  3. D

Awesome! Yes... that would indeed save me a quite a significant amount of money and hassles. Thank you :)
  4. D

Because that is at a very a similar price point (in UK) as either options 2) or 3). What is missing here: is that it's not clear to me at all why that would be better in any way to 2) or 3) given that those ones are 3.0 x4 slot xconnect-3's and without the fan. Which are all plus points for my...
  5. D

Hello there thinking about a simple 2 computer 10g point to point link. These are both linux machines running modern 5.2+ kernel, ubuntu 19.10. Each computer has one free pci-e 3.0 x4 slot. Which I understand can also take x8 cards if needed (with some slight modification, that I don’t mind)...