Search results

1. Q

Overclock your AMD Epyc

@NORM123 Quad/Octa channel will yield the most gains, single channel is always bad regardless of the platform (looking at you, laptops).
  2. Q

Reduce Epyc idle power consumption?

@TXAG26 This would be a huge performance hit which is not worth the trouble. @elag Have you tried to override power state voltage via ZenStates? Stability at idle could be questionable, although it's possible to shove off 10-20W by simply lowering it below VID. Be mindful to put it through some...
  3. Q

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Time to stock up on 32mb EEPROMs, then :D Fairly possible to tear the UEFI firmware apart and shuffle CPU IDs, and flash back with a programmator. Although, I don't think anyone's going to have a second thought of replacing their 64C Epyc back to the older counterparts. Not unless there were...
  4. Q

Overclock your AMD Epyc

On a side note, I'm very much positive a voltmod or pencil mod (does not void the warranty on your board) is possible, in fact there is always a functioning resistor placed down somewhere on the VRM PWM chockablock. From my experience with Intel X48 and X58 boards, one resistor can affect both...
  5. Q

Overclock your AMD Epyc

@nero243, very much appreciated for your educated input, you are MVP ;) What is your opinion on the 1S1601A4VIHF4 chip? Is it worth grabbing for attempts at getting the chip pushed up to 3.6 all cores or close on an H11SSL-i v1 board? Judging by the thermals, I expect it to have an equal TDP of...
  6. Q

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Holy cow, I just stumbled upon this thread, very interesting. There are SM boards up for grabs locally for like 400 bucks new bulk packaging, but finding a CPU is an absolute headache. Seeing this japanese dude has been putting batches of questionable SKUs for sale, compatibility is dodgy, and...