Search results

1. M

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

Whats the best way to internally power a 2.5 SATA SSD? Going to use a sata to mkey adaper. Maybe off the 19 pin header? Seems like you'd have to chain 19 pin to usb to sata 5v somehow. https://github.com/KCORES/KCORES-5070/blob/main/img/010.JPG Has anyone managed to figure out a decent way to...
  2. M

I got it working. None of the things listed above worked (though thanks everyone for the suggestions!) I looked through GitHub - KCORES/KCORES-5070: Hacking DELL Wyse 5070 and noticed that they had a modified bios image and decided to yolo flash it (Don't do this). Note that the bios chips on...
  3. M

One of the boxes I got appears to have a corrupt bios and I can't figure out a good way past it, any ideas? It was free so not the end of the world, but I feel like this should be fixable. Basically, it boots into the recovery prompt only, put in Fireport pw, and it gives options of recovery...
  4. M

MICRON 1100 2TB 6G SFF for $59

Is there a good source for ex DC 3.84TB SATA 2.5in SSDs? They dont seem to have dropped in price nearly close to what the 1.92tbs have.
  5. M

Ok excellent, looks like any 90W 7.4*5.0mm barrel connector dell laptop charger should work then.
  6. M

Do you have a part number?
  7. M

Anyone know what the proper AC adapter is for the 5070 extended? I got a few of these for free that were being thrown out but have no drive or adapter. Specs on Dell list a 130W for the extended (but I have to assume a 90W should be more than enough too) but don't list any sort of details or...
  8. M

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Old post but thanks for this, made my card work! Wondering if ever figured out a way to to enable this in software? It's a bit janky to have to have the wire running.
  9. M

I got this to work, thanks for suggestions. What worked was this: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/lenovo-thinkcentre-thinkstation-tiny-project-tinyminimicro-reference-thread.34925/page-9#post-336417 What didn't work (prior steps): bios flash + INVALID entry changes...
  10. M

Anyone have issues with a 01AJ940 riser on 10T8 m720q? Finally got around to moving a Supermicro AOC SGP- I4 (i350x4) card (known good) to my m720q and it is not being recognized. Never used the riser before but don't see anything in the bios settings that applies. There's a single reddit...
  11. M

For anyone searching in the future, this did in fact work for me! Other lenovo instructions did not fwiw
  12. M

Thanks for this! Does anyone know if it is easy to unlock/reflash a bios on these? I got a m720q for a steal on ebay, but most options are locked out in bios (like uefi etc), and I don't have either the bios or windows pw. I have flashed coreboot on thinkpads before, so I am reasonably...
  13. M

HP T730 8GB RAM 32GB Storage Thin Client

Looks like a US model- looked up the serial and says it has activated less than a month ago and warranty is good through 2022. Considering going to just warranty the charger but it's unclear if HP lets it transfer.
  14. M

Yeah its the 85W one, different model number though- this ebay auction matches 843233-001 / 929818-003 P/S 85W TC14 EPS 89% EFF 19.5V PIXAR | eBay. Just want to see from other people if they have this issue before I go and buy another and have it sound exactly the same. The barrel plug also...
  15. M

Just scored one of these for very cheap on my local CL, seems like a really nice little box. Only issue I'm seeing is the sound- the adapter has a pretty annoying coil whine. Does anyone else have this issue or maybe I just got a bad one? If so what model charger should I be looking to replace...