Search results

1. D

New home server hurdles

HBA in J1 on the MB and J0 for the cable, Backplane plugged into it's only available port. Apparently I just needed to triple check the connections because I tore it all apart one more time, plugged it all back in and this time, for whatever reason (and I have no doubt it was 100% user error), I...
  2. D

New home server hurdles

It's funny bacause it's true. Ce la vie and thanks again.
  3. D

New home server hurdles

I have checked and double checked the connections. Now when I boot I get a red LED on each drive carrier during boot so I know something is being communicated. There is a green Heartbeat LED on the board that seems to be pulsing appropriately. I do have a boot rom but I still can't see my...
  4. D

New home server hurdles

Wow, I'm feeling a bit foolish. Yes, you are correct and that fixed the issue., so thank you! In my defense I was reading the manual and assumed the orientation in the manual corresponded to the board itself. Fun fact, it inverted. Whoops...
  5. D

New home server hurdles

Good to know, I feel like I've read the manual a dozen times and I'm either still missing some things or it's not in there. I did double check the molex connectors and all seem to be completely seated. This is the cable I have...
  6. D

New home server hurdles

1. Thanks for the cable links, I ordered the CBL-0048. We'll give that a shot but I'm guessing it will work nicely! 2. Right clicking on the IPMIView from my Start menu did the trick. Now I just have to figure out what I'm doing in the KVM. 3. I have the BPN-SAS2-846EL1 backplane, so it only...
  7. D

New home server hurdles

Apologies for any naivety on my part, I'm new to the server side of building. Case: Supermicro CS846E16-R1200B with BPN-SAS2-846EL1 backplane MB: Supermicro H11SSL-i rev 1 CPU: AMD EPYC 7351P Memory: Supermicro 64GB SDRAM ECC Registered DDR4 2666 HBA: LSI Broadcom SAS 9300-8i OS: Unraid...