Search results

1. T

[WTB] X10DAL-i (or other DP ATX WS board)

Looking for Supermicro X10DAL-i ATX board (or any other E5-2600 v3/v4 DP ATX WS board) Please PM for price Thank you
  2. T

[WTB] 18~25U Server Rack Cabinet (Bay Area, CA)

This might be a long shot, but I'm looking for a 18~25U (preferably 18U) server rack cabinet that has solid side panels and with at least 30" usable depth. I'm in Bay Area in California, can pick up locally. Budget is ~$200. Thanks!
  3. T

APC AP7841 individual outlet on off from web interface

Does anyone know if the ap7841 web interface has function to turn on and off individual outlet? I saw some for sale locally and would like to get them but unsure if that function is in there. I tried looking through the manual but it does not seem to specify such function. Thanks in advance!
  4. T

Help needed identifying mystery cable

Looks like some kind of a BBU cable. Did you have a HW RAID controller installed or was the chassis an used one?
  5. T

How do you read firmware version numbers

When your system boots up you can enter the option ROM with Ctrl+C and you should see the firmware version there. Alternatively, you can use sas2ircu under DOS or UEFI Shell and run "sas2ircu LIST" to show a list of controllers, then again with "sas2ircu <controller number> DISPLAY" to show a...
  6. T

Adaptec 6805 Critical error

It just happened on its own, I didn't tinker with anything.
  7. T

Thank you for the info. I have another pool I can dump these 9TB onto and redo from scratch. Unfortunately both systems are HP MS G8 so I can only do the transfer @ 2Gb. That's gonna take a while, hopefully nothing goes wrong during the transfer.
  8. T

That sucks... If I were to just ignore it and keep using as-is would there be any problem? I guess I'll use this opportunity to clean up and redo the setup.
  9. T

I think it did. All I see in the task tab is a scheduled task to check all spare disks for error.
  10. T

I created a RAID 5 VD with 4 drives on an Adaptec 6805. One of the drives failed, so I replaced it and completed the rebuild. When checking the drives individually and the VD in maxView Storage Manager all show "Optimal," however there is a critical exclamation point on the VD. I do see there is...
  11. T

[FS] IBM M1015, Adaptec 6445, Xbox One and misc gadgets

Shipping to CONUS actual cost. If you purchase multiple items for total over $150 I will ship to CONUS for free. Payment via PayPal only. IBM M1015 flashed for IR/IT with LP and FH brackets, $100/ea. Adaptec 6445 sealed Single pack, I'll include SFF-8088 to SFF-8088 cable if needed, $450...
  12. T

How to connect Supermicro SC847 jbod to HBA?

You need to see inside the chassis, on the expander backplanes, how many mini SAS connectors you have. If you have 3 on each backplane, then it is the E16 version; if you have 6 on each backplane, then it is the E26 version. For the external ports, the bracket is just to convert SFF-8087 to...
  13. T

Rackable System 3U 16 drives chassis SAS2 upgrade

Not this twisty caps crap again... Don't you read the replies on [H]?
  14. T

See that leftover EXP cables on the expander? That's the cable I cut and rewired to the molex 4pin.
  15. T

Probably. Looks like it just needs the 2x2 power connector for power. The colored ribbon cables are for serial.
  16. T

*update* Found more mylar sheets to use. Using them to insulate the expander card and chassis/backplane instead of the antistatic bag.
  17. T

I upgraded this to SAS2 today with an Intel RES2SV240 SAS2 expander. First, cut off the 12V power cables from the PSU to the expander 2x2 connector, and use the twist cap connector to connect to the 4pin molex cable I have around from dead PSU. Twist cap is quick and convenient. How it...
  18. T

What do I need to connect many drives to motherboard?

You need an HBA. The M1015 in IT mode is great for that.
  19. T

FS: Adaptec RAID cards, IBM M1015, MB, misc items

I have the following items for sale: Adaptec 6805 and 6445, sealed BNIB. Single cards, no cables. $450/ea shipped. 2x IBM M1015, lightly used. I can flash to IR or IT for you before shipping. Includes both FH and LP brackets. $110/ea shipped. ECS A960M-M3 motherboard. New board will also...