Search results

1. A

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Mike, Thanks for following up. I did find the EEPROM update from Dell but ultimately didn't have to use it. In my case, the BIOS settings were the issue and I was able to get the NICs to work after modifying some BIOS settings.
  2. A

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Casbar/Javi/All: After much pain, I FIXED THE ISSUE WITH THE GB NICs. Unfortunately, these DCS6005 units do come with custom BIOS configurations. For reasons I do not understand, there are certain settings in the BIOS that MUST NOT be touched including very specific settings in the Chipset...
  3. A

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Been there... done that. I started with fail-safe BIOS defaults (no dice). Then, I started disabling everything I possibly could one painful step at a time (no dice). The only thing I can think of is that the schmuck "asset management" firm that supposedly wiped the hard drives and factory reset...
  4. A

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Javi404 & switches Javi, In my case, the switch doesn't matter. One the server that is working, I can plug into D-Link, Dell, Trendnet, TP-Link... all without issue. On the server where the NICs don't work, I run exactly the same tasks and nothing works. In fact, the left NIC light will...
  5. A

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

I have purchased two of these off of eBay (probably from the same seller as javi). Both configurations were similar: - Dell C6100/DCS6005 - 3 nodes - Each node has 2x AMD Hex-Core CPUs & 48GB RAM - One unit had 8 x 1TB drives and one unit had 9 x 1TB drives I successfully installed Microsoft...