Search results

1. B

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I understood what you meant, it makes contact with the FET not the choke but the logic is still sound. They both should be cooled.
  2. B

Overclock your AMD Epyc

After everything I have seen, I am convinced you are correct about this. I went ahead and ordered the MOSFET heat sinks and opted for the thermal glue instead of the tape that comes with them. These will not fit with the current VRM heatsink that comes with the motherboard, but they will fit...
  3. B

Overclock your AMD Epyc

So you think maybe the high temps in super doctor could refer to the MOSFETs rather than the chip itself? I wonder if the improvements were from the fan on the heat sink blowing on the MOSFETs. That would actually be a good thing because those wouldn't be too difficult to sink. Interesting...
  4. B

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Only one I know of is "ADMIN" (all caps) for both username and password. I agree. I removed the heat sink pad and used compound with a fan on the sink. I had to mill out a part of the sink because of a part of the mb that stuck up farther than the vrm (which could have been the problem in the...
  5. B

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I am using a 2u environment which usually wouldn't allow for a fan on the heat sink but I was willing to move this rig to the top of the rack and custom vent the top with a case fan directly above the sink. However in a open case testing environment with a overpowered house fan blowing on the...
  6. B

Overclock your AMD Epyc

First off thank you for all the help, secondly sorry for the poor quality. I removed the sink from the motherboard to check for contact issues. As you can see from the thermal pad on the sink, there was full contact with the chips on the motherboard. The heatsink was not in contact with anything...
  7. B

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I got super doctor running and I ran 120 threads at 2.7ghz after about 90 seconds the vrm got up to almost 100c and the computer throttled down to 400mhz. This does not happen when I stress the cpu via cpuz.
  8. B

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I run SAS (statistical analytics) and can control number of instances running concurrently and affinities for each instance. With 128 threads I would like to run 120 instances (15 per numa node) and it would be nice to keep them running around the 2.9 ghz turbo (I know that is wishful thinking)...
  9. B

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I have a dual 7551 setup on a h11dsi-nt mb where the cpu water blocks restrict any airflow to the vrm heatsink. I believe this is causing the cpu to throttle down to about 1ghz under a long-term 96% load. I have already put a beefier heatsink on the mb chipset. I assume water-cooling the vrm...