Search results

1. voodooFX

Extreme bad luck with SFF-8087 to 4xSATA cables?

uhm, ok, seems that even if visually they look identical, Mini SAS SFF-8087 > 4 x SATA can have different pin assignment based on their purpose of use, the pinout to connect backplane to SATA ports is different than the one used to connect a controller to disks. I basically need a "reverse...
  2. voodooFX

Extreme bad luck with SFF-8087 to 4xSATA cables?

I'm building a "new" home server with an ASrock C2750D4I in a Silverstone 12 Bay 2U rack case The case has a backplane with 3x SFF-8087 SAS connectors. The C2750D4I has 12x SATA ports, cool, what could go wrong? Well, I have like 10x different SFF-8087 to 4xSATA cables (from several brands)...
  3. voodooFX

Is ESXi really unsupported with MicroServer Gen10+ and Pentium G5420?

yes sorry, I was a little too sarcastic maybe :) but if the reason is simply that they haven't tested it, well that's fine. I already have two units with Xeon 2224 and since I'd need a third one mainly to play with vSAN I thought buying the G5420 version would be a good way to save some money
  4. voodooFX

Is ESXi really unsupported with MicroServer Gen10+ and Pentium G5420?

I know this sounds almost a stupid question, given that ESXi 7 should run just fine on pretty much any recent dual core 64bit-x86 processor, but since even Patrick in his review stated that he used the Xeon 2224 version of the MicroServer to test ESXi because the G5420 was not supported, I...
  5. voodooFX

Where are FreeNAS/BSD logs?

Hi All, Yesterday my ESXi cluster lost the connection with the FreeNAS server (which is used as NFS datatore), consequently the datastore has become unavailable and hanging, the VMs started hanging and all the usual mess that happens in this cases ..well, happened. Now I fixed everything but I...
  6. voodooFX

replication

yes I did some tests and changes are removed (on destination) when the new snapshot sync is performed tbh for me is all fine, I'm just wondering why the documentation is stating something completely different from what I have, since I didn't changed anything.
  7. voodooFX

replication

I always thought that dataset(s) on destination systems are created in read-only mode, and in fact this is also written in the doc. but my datasets at destination are read-write, does anyone knows why? of course I didn't changed the dataset properies manually, just created snapshots and then...
  8. voodooFX

Supermicro e5-2650 v4 ES bundle, i7-4770k bundle

any chance of having only the i7-4770k?
  9. voodooFX

Vega 64's More to come

Well, that make sense and can be in fact the reason for the high price of Vega GPUs I guess ;)
  10. voodooFX

FS - DDR4 8x 32GB -- 2x NIC 10/25G -- 4x Adaptec 81605ZQ

Hi Edd, yes pics: IMG-20190605-194911
  11. voodooFX

Vega 64's More to come

I'm looking for a Vega56/64 since some time, just because I want one in my collection (and for some tests) but I don't understand why they keep costing so much. Used Vega64 are more expansive than brand new RX5700's, which are also faster! I mean, the crypto-craziness is over, why people are...
  12. voodooFX

READ Errors: does anyone understand why?

Hi mmk, I tested them on CeontOS7 (latest) and they have the same problem I also "fully" formatted one with sg_format (it took 24+ hrs...) but same result, read errors
  13. voodooFX

The drives are already formatted to 512 byte, but to be sure I did format one again and did not helped RAM is fine (I have tested other HDD/SSD models in the server)
  14. voodooFX

This looks a very complicated one, but it's worth trying, maybe someone can help or give me a hint ;) I have some Seagate Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD V.4 (6T) which are behaving very strangely They have no issues in writing, but they have many while reading This is what I get in...
  15. voodooFX

WTB socket 2011-v3 / X99 Mainboard

Hi marg, Yes please, let me know (here or via PM, as you prefer) Thanks
  16. voodooFX

WTB socket 2011-v3 / X99 Mainboard

I'm looking for a socket 2011-v3 mainboard with X99 chipset. New/unused would be better...