Search results

1. M

SOLVED: Help with installation of MSM (17.05.06.00_MSM_Windows) - Java issues

The differences are miniscule, compare the "Read Me" texts.
  2. M

LGA 3647 Square ILM Cooler OEM Options

Yeah, the 90x90x110 spec is the heatsink alone without the fan. The fan just snaps on and can be set to any height you need. You definitely need to measure, but your VRM sinks look shorter than mine. asus ws c621e sage - Search Images (bing.com) supermicro x11dpl - Search Images (bing.com)
  3. M

Look at the link I posted. It gives dimensions and pictures, and a link to dimensional drawings (cooler specifications). The heatsink does not overhang the socket, except for the fan, and since Intel thought ahead and made the socket mounting holes mirror images on all sides, the heatsink/fan...
  4. M

Maybe consider the Dynatron B14s, they work quite well on my 8260Ls B14 | Dynatron You can easily snap the fan off and duct it if you want to.
  5. M

Advice request

I was more concern with noise, I am satisfied if the individual hardware runs about midway, or so, in it's designed temperature range. I don't need the lowest temps for the hardware to do it's job as designed, maybe if I was pushing it beyond it's designed specs, but I'm not. Can't help you...
  6. M

Advice request

Let me describe my storage in my server and maybe it can help you. I use a LSI 9271-8i with a Lenovo 16port Expander card. Attached to that are 14 spinners and 2 SSDs (CacheCade with an R6 array) with 3-120mm in front of and 3-120mm behind them in a Rosewill RSV-L4500U case. The case itself also...
  7. M

[UPDATED]: Thermal paste for Xeon Skylake CPUs

just for comparison - my workstation uses 2 Xeon Platinum 8260L, 48gb DDR4-2933, on an Asus WS-621e-Sage mb. As I type (and also downloading from YouTube, so essentially idle) Core temp is showing the hottest core of each CPU to be 57c, with power consumption as 11.3w on cpu0 and 10.4w on cpu1...
  8. M

SOLVED: Help with installation of MSM (17.05.06.00_MSM_Windows) - Java issues

Sometimes the simplest way is best. Unless there is an overpowering reason to need MSM version 17.05.06.00, just install MSM version 17.05.01.02. MSM version 17.05.01.02 works with W10 and W11 and virtually any Java version from the last 2 -3 years without problems or a need for workarounds...
  9. M

ES Xeon Discussion

I probably explained that wrong. I meant post-QS, pre-Retail, such as delivered to big players (like 3rd gen scalable xeons right now). Only thing on the heatsink is "Intel Confidential" and no signs of alterations.
  10. M

ES Xeon Discussion

I'm told it is a early 1st run/pre-production 8260L. That's why it shows B1/L1/R1 as revisions, as QS supposedly only went to B1. All cores speed is 3.1ghz, all cores AVX 2.0 is 2.6ghz, all cores AVX-512 is 2.3ghz 2 cores speed is 3.9ghz, 2 cores is AVX 2.0 is 3.7ghz, 2 cores AVX-512 is 3.7ghz...
  11. M

ES Xeon Discussion

And sometimes HWiNFO just doesn't know what to make of things. While CPU-Z comes closer
  12. M

ES Xeon Discussion

Also be aware that with the Asus Sage C621E, if on the "Performance Tuning" tab, you have "Core Optimizer" set to "enabled", it locks the CPUs to their "all-core turbo" frequency.
  13. M

Asus C621E Memory overclock

That's a given.
  14. M

Asus C621E Memory overclock

I'm using 4gb SR Hynix 2400T @ 2933 on C621e Sage