Search results

1. R

EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

Anyone tried ECC RAM with non-Pro CPU?
  2. R

EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

Does it support bifurcation though? I don't see any mention of it on the Gigabyte website.
  3. R

Anyone done a Brocade 6610 fan mod?

I am interested in this mod to cut down on the power consumption. Does anyone have any before-after power measurements?
  4. R

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I have 2 ICX6450-48Ps that after updating the firmware following the fohdeeshadocs instructions to the letter, keep spewing these errors on the terminal: PoE Error: Device 0 failed to start on PoE module. PoE Error: Device 1 failed to start on PoE module. Resetting module in slot 1 again to...
  5. R

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

Are you sure you are using a PCIe slot that is not PCIe 2.0 x8 or PCIe 3.0 x4 or otherwise limited in speed like going through the chipset? 400MB/s sounds like it is close at the 500MB/s theoretical limit for said slot configurations. Edit: I got my calculations wrong, you need to be running at...
  6. R

It doesn't sound like this is your problem but might be worth investigating. The Intel NICs don't like modules that are not Intel branded. There is a kernel module option to disable this with SFP+ cards but not with the X710. Have a look at this before you start troubleshooting the switch...
  7. R

The switches are at separate locations connected via a pair of Ubiquiti antennas. The two VLAN1s are not connected at L2, thus the need to route between them through VLAN1012 at L3. So, even if they both have the same VLAN tag, they are two separate networks. I don't see how them having the same...
  8. R

I have a weird issue and I need some help. I have two ICX6450 switches connected to each other. SW1 has VLAN1 on 10.1.0.0/24 and SW2 has VLAN1 on 10.2.0.0/24. Both switches are connected via VLAN1012 on 10.1.2.0/24. Both switches have ve's on VLAN1012 and VLAN1. Both switches have static routes...
  9. R

I would like to ask for some help, as I have no experience with L3 switching (total noob). I have two different sites that are connected via a pair of Ubiquiti Nanobeam APs. Both sites have a pfSense router in place and are using different LAN subnets and are in general separate from each...
  10. R

Either there is a bug with port mirroring or I am doing something wrong. (ICX6450) As soon as I enable a port as a mirror, I start seeing multicast traffic, without setting a monitor port, as another member discovered a few years ago...
  11. R

EU [WTB] 24 or 48 port, PoE, ICX6430 or ICX6450 or rack ears

Hello, I am looking for any/all of: ICX6430, 24 or 48 port, PoE, with rack ears ICX6450, 24 or 48 port, PoE, with rack ears ICX6430/ICX6450 rack ears
  12. R

I am running OpenVPN on my pfSense firewall(s). Everything else is accessible just fine. This happens at 3 separate locations with 4 separate switches. Every location is running OpenVPN on pfSense. Edit: I am not using the OOB management port, I am using a veth interface. $ ssh -o...
  13. R

Hey guys! I have multiple of these switches and I have an issue. For some reason, I cannot access the switches either through SSH or the Web UI through OpenVPN. I have to SSH to a device on the same subnet as the switch and then SSH from that device to the Brocade switch. Is there a setting I...
  14. R

Aruba AP to IAP

Do we have a list of APs that can be flashed to IAP? Is it just the AP-315, some AP-325s and some AP-225s only?
  15. R

Fusion-IO IOdrive 2 Duo 2.4TB replacement?

Hello guys, I have been running a Fusion-IO IOdrive 2 Duo 2.4TB PCIe SSD in my r720 for a couple of years now. I am using it for VM, docker storage and I have some games on it that I am accessing through 40GbE. I am on Arch Linux LTS, so I have to run snuf's driver: GitHub -...
  16. R

Help with ConnectX 3 SR-IOV with Linux host and windows guest via kvm

Hi guys, any chance for a patch for kernel 5.16? @okrasit ?
  17. R

Homelab stuff in Berlin?

Hello, bit of a silly post. I am in Berlin for a couple of days and I am wondering if there are physical stores anywhere with homelab or out-of-the-ordinary gear or an electronics flea market type to have a look at, maybe pick something up for cheap. We don't have such places in my home city...
  18. R

EU [WTB] Arduino PoE PD 12v board

Hello, I am looking for a PoE PD add-in board for my Arduino. Something like the Silvertel AG9120, AG9412, AG9612 etc etc. I cannot find any in stock in Europe. Does anyone happen to have any or know of any European suppliers that have them in stock? Thanks!
  19. R

Which fiber should I install in a new building?

That is what I meant with modulation technology. I think it is not typically used for duplex fibers, I think the main application is FTTx or applications where you want to have 1 fiber instead of 2 (BiDi optics). I think the speed difference is mainly due to modal dispersion on multi mode...
  20. R

No unfortunately it does not. It just disables the networking.