Search results

1. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

How hot were the SR5650_TEMP sensors before and after this? I actually want to run mine in warmer air as long as they are below ~85-90C.
  2. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

I'm starting to think that the temp sensor on my one node "SR5650_TEMP | 97.000" is stuck. I have dropped the ambient air temp by 3C and the other node shows a drop of 2C on SR5650 I have been logging the temp of SR5650_TEMP on all nodes for almost 24 hours and that one has not changed at...
  3. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

CPU0_TEMP | 39.000 | degrees C | ok | na | na | na | na | 70.000 | na CPU1_TEMP | 32.000 | degrees C | ok | na | na | na | na | 70.000 | na SR5650_TEMP | 97.000 | degrees C | ok | na |...
  4. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

@Patrick. I posted a link to dropbox that has the contents of the ftp and also backup images of a BMC and BIOS image. Perhaps someone can compare the files. Those backups were taking from working a working node. Not sure what page it is on now but it is in an appropriately named folder on...
  5. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

fnc1, this is what I ordered from Amazon. Amazon.com : SanDisk Cruzer Fit SDCZ33-008G-B35 8 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black : Electronics
  6. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

fnc1, I think Ken explained it exactly right where these servers fit in the market and why some of us purchased them. I replaced 3 whitebox esxi5.1 servers with this one DCS server running ESXi5.5 and I still have 1 node I haven't provisioned yet. I also have a linux raid / nfs server that I...
  7. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

fnc1, same exact one I purchased. If I didn't care about my electric bill I would buy another one, but then again if I didn't care about my electric bill I might have purchased something else or more than 1 in the first place. The only real Issue I have is that the NICs seems to be picky about...
  8. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Billwong, Glad I could help. Also can you tell us the process you used to flash? It would be good to document it here for anyone who needs it. Regarding NTP: If I were you I would not have IPMI or any of your servers, accessible publicly on the net. Look into something like PFSENSE for a cheap...
  9. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

I can confirm that is not the same and it could brick your board if you apply the wrong BMC. I have both the files I downloaded from Dell's mystery "custftp site" and a copy of the BMC and BIOS I ripped from a working board. I have not successfully tested either of these but perhaps if...
  10. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Very interesting. I was told by the vendor about the NUMA setting some how being directly affecting the NICS although I am not sure how accurate that is. They told me if the NICS don't show up in the OS, to turn on NUMA. Not sure I would want NUMA off anyway but I didn't have that specific...
  11. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

I am not sure this is going to work the way you are thinking. Its a standard chassis but all the wiring and harnesses are custom for these units. Lookup the Tyan S8208 server board. You will see it has a non standard power connector.
  12. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Enable NUMA in the bios and see if that fixes it. Wish I saw this post when I learned that info from the vendor.
  13. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

I did exactly the same thing. The last whitebox server I will power down will be my NFS server where most of my VMs are stored. The third node will be the NFS server once I order some drives and move things over. Less important virtual machines will remain on local storage of those nodes.
  14. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

They are, I think it it was just a strange bug. It only happened once and since then I have been able to confirm hot swap of disks.
  15. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

After catching up on this thread, wanted to post some additional info that may help. This applies to machines that are DCS6005 model number. They use 2x the EE version of the 1.8GHz x6 opteron CPU. (wikipedia has the exact model number) [DISK WIRING] I can confirm that mine came with the sata...
  16. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Same seller I got mine from, its closest to a C6105 but it is really a custom DCS6005. They seem to have many of them.
  17. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

boot from cd (or remote) when it asks if you want to enter any kernel parameters, hit SHIFT-O on the keyboard. enter ignoreHeadless=TRUE once installed, reboot, Do same thing, SHIFT-O ignoreHeadless=TRUE Then once you are on your first booted install of esxi, get to a console and enter this...
  18. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

I'll have to reboot one of my nodes to see where it was exactly. I thought I saw something in there.
  19. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

This file may be of interest to owners of this machine. The documentation for the implementation of the Aspeed 2050 BMC on board. ftp://ftp.tyan.com/manuals/AST2050_Manual_v101.pdf Edit: just an fyi, for me the default passwords for the ipmi / bmc were root / root Not sure if that was...
  20. J

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Check the dell power saving settings. I saw some option in the bios about that and disabled it although i'm pretty sure in linux the cpuspeed daemon would perform the same function.