Search results

1. A

QSFP+ 40GB to 10GBase-t possible?

I've already got a bunch of servers and clients with 10GBase-t copper NICs installed but I'd like to upgrade the switch. I've seen an Arista I like the features of but it's only got QSFP+ 40Gb ports on it. I've looked for 10GB SFP+ Arista switches but they seem to be way more expensive second...
  2. A

Dell drive compatibility list

Does anybody know where the Dell drive compatibility list is hidden? I can't seem to find one and I just bought 6 3.84TB Samsung PM1643 SSDs which are coming up as blocked in my VRTX chassis.
  3. A

Dell VRTX chassis and blade compatibility

I'm looking to pickup a used VRTX chassis and I'm wondering if there are any differences in blade compatibility based on the age of the chassis? If I buy an older one would I be able to run the newer blades in it such as the M630 with v4 intel CPUs?
  4. A

10GB CPU bottleneck help

So I've recently installed 10Gb Ethernet in the homelab and I'm having some issues with a receive side bottleneck which looks to be caused by the CPU. The card in the PC is the Supermicro AOC-STG-i2T X540 based card and I'm using the latest drivers from Intels website. The PC is using the x99...