Search results

1. S

Supermicro IPMI Fan Control on Windows

Do you happen to know how to set the duty cycles in Windows 10? I can successfully do so in Ubuntu 18.04 using ipmitool, but I am not sure how to in Windows 10. I would use ipmitool again, but I am having trouble building ipmitool (my plan was to use ipmitool and compile with Cygwin). Ipmiutil...
  2. S

Played around with the settings some more and determined that lower fan speed thresholds to 0:0:0 and setting the Supermicro BMC fan mode to "standard" speed keeps all the fans at stable speeds of 400-700 RPM. Under the same lower thresholds of 0:0:0 with the "optimal" and "heavy IO" BMC fan...
  3. S

Still having some issues. Previous settings: My default threshold settings were: 700:500:300:25300:25400:25500 (low non-critical; low critical; low non-recoverable; high non-critical; high critical; high non-recoverable). At "full" BMC fan speed, my fans ran at around 1600 RPM. Details...
  4. S

I had issues with building ipmitool in Windows after downloading the source code from ipmitool/ipmitool. When I controlled the fans using ipmitool in Ubuntu 18.04 following Piglover's reference, the fan speed settings are reverted to "full" speed after rebooting because the BIOS is competing...
  5. S

Hi, I have a Supermicro H11DSi-NT motherboard that I am using for a dual boot (Ubuntu 18.04 and Windows 10) workstation. I am trying to lower the fan speed. I successfully lowered the fan speed on Ubuntu 18.04 using the excellent reference put together by PigLover...