Search results

1. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I for whatever reason could not get my 7150-c12 to take a TFTP'd image, but the USB method worked for me very well. I even thought I botched it at one point but was able to fix whatever I thought I messed up
  2. T

FreeBSD 13/WireGuard/pfSense 2.5

Maybe but this is funny because it's absurd Where this is just messed up: I mean, I wouldn't - here are some notes from Wireguard's founder, who reviewed it and wrote the replacement after failing to adequately fix the PFSense implementation that was so broken [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard for...
  3. T

FreeBSD 13/WireGuard/pfSense 2.5

There's a lot to unpack here on this story and every bit of it makes the PFSense guys looks like assholes, but I would like to point out something I feel is getting massively under-reported about this story - this is the guy PFSense saw fit to hire to code their (bad) patch for them: FreeBSD...
  4. T

Brocade ICX 7250 - management port not responding

So the device doesn't even appear in Linux? Try a different Type-C/Type-C to Type-A cable. The cheap 10-foot ones I bought off Amazon forever ago worked and it got detected as /dev/ttyUSB0 immediately, but not all cable manufacturers follow the whole wiring spec for things just intended to be...
  5. T

16GB Intel M10 Optane M.2 SSD $15.50 New?

I've got a handful I bought intended to use them for encrypted swap space on a few machines with extra pcie lanes. They aren't really worth the money or lane use though
  6. T

Having a hell of a time getting SSH login to work with publickeys on this, passwords and empty passwords work fine Settings on desktop: #----------------------------------------- # # Brocade # #----------------------------------------- Host brocade HostName 192.168.1.2 User...
  7. T

Looking further into it, the secondary flash seems to at least be an SPR package Attempting downgrade via USB image auto-loading, we'll see
  8. T

ICX7150-C12P here, what's the correct way forward if flashing to bootrom isn't an option (FIPS isn't enabled, seems to be the layer 2 package right now, ICX7150-C12 Switch#copy tftp flash 192.168.1.30 mnz10114.bin client-certificate client RSA certificate client-private-key...
  9. T

HPE EC200A Xeon D-1518 'hybrid server' on ebay ~$150

Got mine from the California seller and still in the process of updating it, but mine also came with both trays. Unfortunately one of the two second-hand RDIMMs I bought didn't like it, so I had to order another
  10. T

HPE EC200A Xeon D-1518 'hybrid server' on ebay ~$150

Anyone tested compatibility with an Easystore-style drive with that 3.3V pin?
  11. T

Home Firewalls - USG replacement

Why would it support BGP and custom zones, it's an all-in-one wi-fi router that you recommend to the "power user" in the sales department that swears that the Nighthawk X100 Gamer Edition he has at home just isn't cutting it. Oh, the Pro version which I guess is rackmountable.? Either Way, not...
  12. T

Mikrotik Help

Do you have MAX learning turn on all ports? That was my issue with tagging when I got my first Mikrotik
  13. T

$350: Dell T40 w/ Xeon E-2224G, 8GB ECC, 1TB HDD, DVD-RW

It doesn't support NVMe, or doesn't support that particular slot? I'm pretty sure my T30 runs NVMe off the pcie cards, but now that I think about I'm not sure if I ever looked if the BIOS detected it (like, as a boot device)
  14. T

Docker unifi and webserver questions

You'd probably have to Google a bit for the exact method as the docs and commands are weird, but the openssl tools can handle almost anything with certs