Search results

1. SRussell

Canada Ubiquiti APs and Switches

Just an FYI, Ubiquity is a hard sell here. You will have more luck on Reddit.com/r/homelabsales
  2. SRussell

[FS][US-NJ] RAM Modules , Intel Consumer CPUs

One does not casually mention a truckload and not provide pictures.
  3. SRussell

Esxi free is dead. Alternative?

After that minimum amount of thousands of cores for basic level pricing... I am making an intentional decision to walk away from VM Ware. It was never much of my core skills but screw spending any more of my own time to keep up for the next certification.
  4. SRussell

Never know when you’re going to need RHEL 3.4
  5. SRussell

Jus curious, what LGA socket takes 128GB DIMMs?
  6. SRussell

Esxi free is dead. Alternative?

When you run a two node Proxmox do you run a simple third node for quorum?
  7. SRussell

[SOLD] 2x RAM - 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz Registered ECC

Do you still have modules available for sale?
  8. SRussell

Is ECC still considered an absolute must with ZFS/BRTFS?

This is a very good point. The price difference is about $380 between the same physical quantity of RAM. I am a home user but my video content does generate revenue. In the big picture if I lost two hours of video to corruption or bit rot it would exceed $380 in revenue. I appreciate this insight.
  9. SRussell

I figured I had two systems running ZFS with ECC, a third coming online, and I have my 3-2-1. The difference in pricing, for what is a content server, is about $350.
  10. SRussell

I have a SuperMicro Workstation that I am building into an unRAID server for Plex, Docker, and Home Assistant. The board: X12SAE-5 | Motherboards | Products | Supermicro The plan is 4x 10TB ZFS raidz1 - I have two SuperServers that run ECC and are my primary and secondary backup. I have a...
  11. SRussell

FS:Supmicro X11SPH-NCTPF, Xeon Gold, 256GB Ram

@cooldude Did the deal complete successfully?
  12. SRussell

Thank you for this! My memory compatibility 32GB DDR4-3200 2Rx8 (16Gb) ECC UDIMM
  13. SRussell

I need to do some research. The motherboard is a LGA 2000 with an Intel Xeon W-1200. I am pretty sure max memory is 128GB but it only supports 16GB and 32GB DIMMS.
  14. SRussell

Anyone else run into Ebay failed searches?

Thanks for catching this. I changed my search for memory specs +ECC -‘non-ECC’ and my results are much more relevant. A couple ‘non ECC’ snuck in there but I will update the minus for that. Thanks!
  15. SRussell

Anyone else run into Ebay failed searches?

I have had a hell of a frustrating time not finding what I am looking for. But, other members here have found exactly what I am looking for on the same platform. I am hoping it is not my Google Foo going to shit. I restricted search to ECC only, Ebay shows Non ECC as the second result and it...
  16. SRussell

XEONS Available 8259CL,8175M,8124M,8160.e5-2623 V4 and a few 8275cl

You are running 125W with two idle Xeon's, likely dual HBAs for the 847, and dual power supplies? That is pretty impressive.