Search results

1. CorvetteGS

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

There aren't any 7000 series that are EoL.
  2. CorvetteGS

Looking for layer3 switch / router, need advice. Found need additional advice.

What information are you looking for? It gives step by step reset and configuration steps on his page. As he says, a serial connection will be required for initial switch config, then you can enable and use the webui if you so choose.
  3. CorvetteGS

Looking for layer3 switch / router, need advice. Found need additional advice.

Did you utilize the guide located here: Brocade Overview - Fohdeesha Docs
  4. CorvetteGS

Hey @fohdeesha is this going to happen in the near future? Just picked up a new switch and I'm debating on waiting for the revised guide before messing with it or if I should just use the guide as it stands now and do it all over when you update it with the latest firmware. Thanks for your hard...
  5. CorvetteGS

Has anyone seen this "Access Networks ANX 7150" line of switches that are, what appears to be, a complete knock off of the ICX 7150 line??? I came across one on eBay while browsing and am curious if these things are real and anyone has any experience with them? We are Access Networks - The...
  6. CorvetteGS

Configure pfsense with using a single 40gb connection and multiple VLANs?

I have been wanting to configure my network this way for a while. (Edgerouter ER-4 and ICX 7150 switch) Do you have IPv6 working on your network? My hold up is I can't figure out how to take the IPv6 PD that my ISP hands to my edgerouter and have something like an IPv6 version of a helper address.
  7. CorvetteGS

I tried to go down this route as well with my setup. I also get a /60 prefix from my ISP (AT&T) and currently have my edgerouter 4 delegating prefixes to all my VLANS. I posted about his previously in this thread but never got any real direction on how to get the ICX to handle prefix delegation...
  8. CorvetteGS

I am going to assume you mean the 7150-24P here. In which case, your statement is only partially true. The 7150-24P has a configuration mode that reduces the max POE power budget to allow it to run with fans completely off. To quote their datasheet: So as long as you would be okay with a max...
  9. CorvetteGS

New Home Build Wiring Recommendations 2020 Edition

I also want to +1 the recommendation to NOT do shielded cable! Shielded cable is intended for industrial installations with the cables running near high voltage motors and power conductors that can cause massive interference. None of which are going to be found in a 5500 sq.ft home...
  10. CorvetteGS

Do EdgeRouters work as DHCPv6 Prefix-delegation servers yet? | Ubiquiti Community Disappointing indeed. Unfortunately, I have clients that can only use SLAAC for IPv6, so utilizing DHCPv6 for address delegation is not an option for me. Android's lack of DHCPv6 support frustrates enterprise...
  11. CorvetteGS

Okay, I am starting to understand better. I was thinking more like the ICX 7150 having a function similar to 'IPv4 helper address' where the ICX 7150 would forward router adverts and other IPv6 info from the edgerouter to it's associated VLANs via a transit link (fd00::/127).But I see what...
  12. CorvetteGS

I think there is a misunderstanding, I am requesting a prefix with my edgerouter and hosts are configured from that prefix via SLAAC currently. I do not host a DHCPv6 server on my edgerouter, it simply requests a /60 prefix (16 IPv6 subnets) from my ISP and the edgerouter advertises one subnet...
  13. CorvetteGS

Perhaps I was a bit vague with my post, but what I mean is there's no DHCPv6 server running on my equipment. Of course the ISP has their own DHCPv6-PD server (to the best of my understanding, this is not the same as a DHCPv6 server which would actually assign IP, DNS, default gateway, etc. just...
  14. CorvetteGS

I'm not using a DHCPv6 server. My ISP has a DHCPv6 server that hands out prefixes via DHCPv6-PD. All IPv6 addresses on my network are configured with SLAAC.
  15. CorvetteGS

Hi everyone, I'm looking to utilize my ICX 7150 as a layer 3 router and moving all inter-vlan routing off my edgerouter for my home network. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this in regards to IPv6? My current configuration on the edgerouter uses DHCPv6-PD to request a /60...
  16. CorvetteGS

Nevermind, I ended up copying the file to my linux box and was able to get it on the switch via scp with the following command:inline power install-firmware stack-unit 1 scp <ip-address-linux-box> /path/to/icx7xxx_poe_02.1.1.b002.fw I guess I'll have to assume it was something funky with the...
  17. CorvetteGS

No, and as I said, I just updated the bootrom and primary images from the exact same TFTP server seconds before the PoE step.
  18. CorvetteGS

I am having trouble updating my ICX7150-C12P to the latest PoE firmware per the @fohdeesha guide. I had no issues upgrading the bootrom and primary images. I noticed upon reload after the 8.0.80e upgrade, the switch did an automatic PoE firmware upgrade which appears to be successful, see below...
  19. CorvetteGS

Thanks a lot for the quick response! Also, when you refer to the guide, do you mean this: ICX7150 - Fohdeesha Docs I did read through it but didn't see any references to the uplink ports. If it's another guide, could you please link the reference?
  20. CorvetteGS

@fohdeesha Any thoughts on the question above? Haven't been able to find any info in this thread.