Search results

1. R

Supermicro H12SSL-NT no BMC light

I think this might be it actually... I searched around for info about these voltage regulators and found this thread: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/h12ssl-i-stuck-at-bmc-initiating.38043/post-399832 where a user had noted down some voltages of a working board and looking...
  2. R

Supermicro H12SSL-NT no BMC light

Hi, I put together a machine from used parts: H12SSL-NT motherboard Epyc 7f52 CPU 8x 32GB 2666 RAM (MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1SI) The motherboard and ram were sourced locally, while the CPU comes from ebay. The previous owner of the motherboard had an accident with the socket pins when getting it...
  3. R

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Thank you! adding a 330µF cap removed the whining noise. Here is a video where i power on the switch, test the cap, and measure the pvm frequency (~3kHz). This video shows a different fan. Since this fan is more quiet and runs slower the whining is even worse. Here you can easily hear the...
  4. R

I'm also having the same problem as noise850 with the switch stuck in high speed fan mode, using the command he used I can lower the fans. I tried a reload with the fans set to low, and at the same time as the "enter b to stop at boot" the fans changed to high and stays like this. I have a...
  5. R

After randomly searching on ebay for switches I managed to stumble into this thread after googling some other brocade switches. I have gotten hold of some cheap HP switches I'm planning to use for a lan party, basic 1gbit switches with LACP and I'm thinking of runing 2x1G from each switch to a...
  6. R

Adding more disks for storage spaces

Yeah.. A new one is probably the solution. I'm using it for video storage with plex, so single redundancy is probably enough? I have a lot of 600gb 15k disks too, but I'm guessing it's not worth it with cache for slow sequential video?
  7. R

Adding more disks for storage spaces

Hello, I got 9* 8tb disks today in the mail. And was wondering how I should add them to my existing system. I currently have 5* 2tb drives in a storage pool with a ReFS volume. What would be the best way to include the new disks? Merging them into the current pool? Making a new pool and adding...
  8. R

Upgrading HBA card to sas 6Gbit and adding more storage

I'm planning on getting some new drives soon, and after checking what I have I found out I need a new HBA. My current card is a "HP SAS 3801E" (Only sas1, so max 2tb drives) and the one I'm looking to upgrade to is a "LSI SAS9207-8E" (seems to be the card people recommend for sas2?) My current...