Search results

1. C

Small firewall recommendations

Anyone tried the Supermicro E50-9AP-N5 Quad core E3940 and 5x I210-IT NICs 12VDC power
  2. C

I’ll look into the Mikrotik, it does seem like it would fit well.
  3. C

I’d love to go supermicro, but they are too big for the space I have.
  4. C

I’m near Nashville TN, my only real concern is the dew point on overnights causing condensation. It gets cold, but doesn’t stay that way. It gets hot, but not too crazy.
  5. C

Just for those who were wondering, the info on the heater and fans for the boxes. Fan Setpoint Temperature of +34° C (+93° F) Heater Setpoint Temperature of -9° C (+16° F) Hysteresis Window 5° C (9° F) so not super tight control, next boxes I buy will probably be adjustable and I’ll try and...
  6. C

You’re not wrong, but the project doesn’t have the budget for that, has a quicker timeline than the availability of most Cisco stuff, and I’ve found that often there is a good enough solution from another route. I’m trying to get to 365 day+ uptime, as cheap as possible. I think I’m going to...
  7. C

The cctv stuff in this case are Avigilon cameras and is fairly top notch. Commercial support isn’t truly required as I have found there to be essentially three levels of support. Top level is a Cisco, SonicWall or back in the old days IBM, they have enough stuff to have seen about everything...
  8. C

Budget is as cheap as possible, but my Netgate 1100 with support was $300. I’d pay more if needed, but I’d like to keep it as close to or under $400. Top priority is reliability. Secondary top priority is size. Tertiary would be support or at least frequently updated software. I don’t want...
  9. C

I don’t really need routing between most of the interfaces, but space is a huge concern. I’ve got a 18x16x6 space that’s got about 70% occupied. What I need is 2-4 pan ports, 1 wan port, a device that can pass video traffic over an IPSec P2P vpn, and allow remote management of some sort...
  10. C

I’m not sure what happened yet. Setup IPSec VPN P2P, yesterday. Camera traffic passed successfully, today, cameras are down, VPN down, ping to WAN no longer returns. Other tech is rebooting firewall tomorrow. I’ll look at it on Thursday and possibly see if Netgate can look into why it became...
  11. C

Hello all, Looking for some help finding a good firewall solution for a problem at work. I work for a city government and we are looking to add CCTV cameras for greenway trailhead parking lots and looking down the greenway a bit. I need a reliable firewall that is as small as possible and...
  12. C

EXPIRED ebay Intel P3605 1.6TB HHHL - 140 (sold out)-150 (sold out) USD shipped

Bought two myself for cache in my unraid server.
  13. C

Looking for SuperMicro backplane BPN-SAS3-846EL1-N8

@ipreferpie I realize I'm replying to a 4 month old post, but did you get it to work? Looking into a similar setup. Also, did you take any pics for the Backplane before install?
  14. C

Does any one have experience with the Dell SCv3020 units?

This is way later, but we use a SCv3020 flash and plattered setup with SAS as our transport. We have had good performance. We came from an Equallogic 7200RPM NLSAS 1GB iSCSI SAN. The performance has been night and day and so far the SCv3020 has been reliable. Although I think have only...
  15. C

Transition from FreeNAS to UnRAID

I posted this question on the UnRAID forum, in the ZFS for UnRAID section and didn't get a ton of traction. I am looking for advice on how to move to UnRAID, and best practices for ZFS on UnRAID once moved. I am currently running FreeNAS 11.3 and am planning on moving to UnRAID for the better...
  16. C

SOLD - FS: Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+, 2x Xeon E5-2630L, and 32GB of DDR3 ECC Ram

Prof_G has first, will mark as sold when it goes through.
  17. C

And Dimensions of the shipment is 8.5lbs, 24" x 21" x 7" box. It's a bit big, but it's what my new motherboard shipped in and it's very well padded, so I am reusing it.
  18. C

You are completely right, I'm not sure where I got 12x13
  19. C

X9DRI-LNF4+ is a 12x13" motherboard. According to Supermicro it will fit your chassis, even with the 2x 2.5" rear drive bay installed. https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/chassis/2U/216/SC216BE1C-R920LPB
  20. C

37205, Nashville, TN Ram is 32GB, if you are wondering how many sticks, I will have to look, I think they are 4GB sticks, so 8.