1. T

Vendor Remote Shell Acess???

Yeah third party. the on site employees are already hamstringed
  2. T

also asked this on reddit and the vast majority disagree with you
  3. T

I guess this sort of falls under networking. I couldnt find the "security" Section. I have been leaning towards setting up an MSP since some things happened at my employer, that I feel could of easily been prevented. I was able to find a vendor that would set me up and allow me to buy a...
  4. T

SAS card and HDD recommendations?

Hello everyone. I acquired a dell t7500 that is loaded with 2 quad core xeons and ecc memory. I'm going to start using it as my primary server in the home and basically consolidate all my raspberry pi's and VPS's to this single machine. I am looking for the "right:" hardware to do...
  5. T

Docker unifi and webserver questions

So i am using his image. Agree its simple to drop the certs in. However , every time i have done this, ive used a java command to generate a csr. That command doesn't work at all. Inside or outside the container. I dont know how to issue a cert without the csr? Do i just use the csr...
  6. T

Ok so that at least points me down the correct Path. I an using ssl certs from comodo. I am port forwarding and using addresses "controller.server.com; cloud.server.com; etc." Ive actually been following a little tutorial on setting up a nginx dockerv with reverse proxy so ive sort of answered...
  7. T

Hello everyone. Just got a new machine and decided to go with ubuntu after windows 1903 upgrade smashed my controller and nginx setup. Im new to docker and have only spent a couple hours getting familiar with it. I wanted to propose my setup to you folks and see if you think this is a good...
  8. T

Multiple Subnets on Multiple Switches, No VLAN

for clarity, what I was calling "a network" is how they are defined in the unifi controller. i understand its just one big physical network. the problem is that I have 2 seperate switches plugged into 2 seperate ports on my router. simlar subnets on different switches are not able to...
  9. T

sorry for the delay getting back to this guys. Arkansas stomach flu is no joke. I dont know that I am clearly explaining what I want to do here. Essentially all I want to do is to have multiple networks that can work across all my switches. so how does network 3 on switch one, know how...
  10. T

All devices are unifi. think about this a different way. Lets say i own 3 apartments. and each apartment has a switch. and the switches are 10.0.0.1 , .2 , .3. they all connect back to my router (192.168.1.1) now I have setup another network (192.168.29.0) that is for IP cameras...
  11. T

I stated that, exactly. " So, the goal: to pre-configure device IPs (cameras, smart home devices, computers, Wifi ap's etc) BEFORE connecting the device to the network, and then have the IP of the device automatically force the device to follow the preset routing rules for that network. The...
  12. T

Hello everyone. I am trying to build out a network, and the issues, and responses I'm getting to those issues are making it sound like what i want to do is impossible. fyi i am using all unifi gear So, the goal: to pre-configure device IPs (cameras, smart home devices, computers, Wifi ap's...