Search results

1. J

AMD Epyc 3251 only showing 1 thread per core instead of two (ASROCK Rack EPYC3251D4I-2T)

I went down the same road, trying LR-DIMMs and they didn't work. So I ordered the Crucial compatible memory and been great so far. I have two of these boards, each with 256GB RAM (4x 64GB sticks).
  2. J

AMD Epyc 3251 only showing 1 thread per core instead of two (ASROCK Rack EPYC3251D4I-2T)

Dropbox - ASRock Rack EPYC3251D4I-2T BIOS - Simplify your life @chn
  3. J

My thoughts exactly too. How was it not noticed when they released the motherboard?!
  4. J

Just to provide an update, the motherboard supplier has supplied me with a beta firmware update they obtained from ASRock Rack. I flashed the BIOS with this firmware and now all 16 threads are visible in the BIOS and OS! Hopefully it's just a matter of time before ASRock update the BIOS on...
  5. J

I recently purchased two ASRock Rack EPYC3251D4I-2T motherboards with the AMD Epyc 3251 SoC CPU. This is a 8 core/16 thread CPU. Each system boots up and runs fine, however the CPU is only showing up as a 8 core/8 thread CPU (i.e. half the amount of threads it's meant to have). I have SMT...
  6. J

New AsrockRack 3251 Motherboard with 10gbe NICs

To provide an update to my earlier posts, I went ahead purchased two of the ASRock Rack EPYC3251D4I-2T motherboards and have just finished building the servers. They work, but I'm having an issue with the core/thread count. The AMD Epyc 3251 is advertised as a 8 core/16 thread CPU, however it...
  7. J

Hey Evan! Wow, so quick to reply! Yeah, what I'm trying to figure out is if it's possible to build something like the existing SuperMicro Xeon D-1541 SoC system (SuperServer 5028D-TN4T link here and here) but with the ASRock EPYC3251D4I-2T board. What's your current system configuration? I...
  8. J

Who owns a SuperMicro 4 drive mini chassis server? SC721TQ-250B | Mini-tower | Chassis | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc. I'd like to know if the ASRock board would fit inside this? And also if the OCuLink connector would be able to connect to the hot-swap backplane in the this chassis?