Search results

1. W

10GbE network speed slow on Netgear XS716-T

One question: if I run ATTO disc benchmarks to the mapped drive on the NAS, do the reads go directly to the RAM on the machine I run the test on? Or do they somewhere get cached locally and the local SATA write speeds would be a limiting factor? I am asking because if I run a test as per above...
  2. W

Ok, now this is odd: Running iperf2 on all default parameters is giving me exacltly the same cap: I always reach between 1.8 and 1.95Gbit/s max - exactly at what file transfers from the NAS top out. If I want to reach anything higher I have to run multiple threads parallel. Anyone have an idea...
  3. W

Strange. Let me try iperf today. If it does indeed only work with multiple threads - what could be causing the abysmal performance on one?
  4. W

Ok, here are the latest findings. When running iperf3 on multiple threads (iperf3 -c 192.168.0.139 -w 640k -l 640k -P 4) and fixed window sizes I get a combined throughput of 8.9 Gbits/s, which I deem ok, right? On a single thread it never goes beyond 2Gbits/s - which is what I reach when...
  5. W

Thanks for the input already - much appreciated. With regards to the problem I still am at a loss: I did run ntttcp tests and it shows pretty much the same result: I hit a cap at pretty much close to 2Gbit/s. I also checked Get-NetAdapterHardwareInfo to make sure I did not mess up the PCIe slot...
  6. W

Hi, we have problems with our 10GbE network speeds and need help. This is the setup: There are ten workstations here (lenovo p700s with dual 14core xeons, 64gb ram), each with a Sun Dual Port 10GbE PCIe 2.0 Adapter (Intel x540-T2) Base-T (which we got for cheap on ebay). All the NICs have the...