Search results

1. P

Power delivery issues with Supermicro BPN-SAS3-846EL1 backplane/CSE-846

Hi there, I've been building out a shallow 24 bay DAS for my rack. It's based on a Supermicro BPN-SAS3-846EL1 from a CSE-846. I have seen quite a few builds of others using non standard PSUs in a CSE-846, without issues (link) so I didn't really think anything of it when I removed the...
  2. P

[Resolved] Attempted to add External SAS to server. Drives (or backplane?) not being detected in new configuration.

Hi there, I attempted some updates to my server this weekend, and things didn't go as planned. I'm hoping someone will be able to spot a hardware incompatibility, or user error. What I started with: I have a CSE-846 with BPN-SAS3-846EL1 backplane that has been working well for a year or so. LSI...
  3. P

cse-846 power cable options?

I recently moved my unraid server from an atx case and a few scattered jbod enclosures to a single cse-846. What I didn't realize when I was starting the build, was even though I had redundant 900w power supplies, the power backplane/cable harness does not have any pcie power connectors. I...