Search results

1. D

HPE proliant thin micro server TM200

Thanks for sharing. This little server will be great for me to deploy to multiple branch offices. The D-1537 able to support up to 64GB Registered Ram. Expansion box to hold up to 4x HDD which total of 6 HDD. Hopefully it will launch to worldwide soon, not just Japan.
  2. D

HPE proliant thin micro server TM200

Does anyone know anything about this TM200 microserver? Wondering if it is replacement for Microserver G8, as I may need to get a few of the G8. So far search only result from Japan HPE. http://h50146.www5.hpe.com/products/servers/proliant/system_pdf/tm200.pdf Nice Intel D-1518/D-1537...
  3. D

R720xd SAS controller not always detecting SATA drives during boot up

Not sure if my problem is same as yours but just sharing with you and hopes it helps. My previous R720 had encounter intermittent harddisk connection problem. After a mth or 2 the server failed to startup and showing "LT0240 System BP1 5v pg voltage ...". The solution for mine is to change...
  4. D

Houston Area Business Partner

You are right, the official website seems to be hosted in Namecheap shared or reseller hosting with perhaps free whmcs. With such a scale, i'm really puzzle why still host with NC. And also, the domain whois information shows LLC instead of LLP.
  5. D

Dell R730XD Intel DC S3710 MLC 400GB SSD 2.5 6Gb/s SATA III Wrnty AUG 2020

Wondering does the seller sell the R730xd as well, perhaps buying it at the cheap side and getting the warranty for both hdd and server.
  6. D

New Dell PowerEdge servers with Intel Xeon E5-2600 V4 processors

Its time to update my 2x R730xd bios to support V4.
  7. D

Slow Drive Speeds with HP Smart Array P410i

I follow on this site and do up the setup years ago. Refurbish the battery on an HP P410 BBWC | Opensource Blog
  8. D

Slow Drive Speeds with HP Smart Array P410i

Perhaps you can do a DIY battery to save costs.
  9. D

Need a silent managed gigabit switch

It does not support standard LACP 802.3ad to be exact. I have 2 of these and left with no choice but to use it as failover switch. Manual:CRS examples - MikroTik Wiki
  10. D

Do take note that CRS226 has some LAG issue. Highly advise you to read up on its pro and cons.
  11. D

HP 1810-24G v2 is another alternative you may want to look into. 24gigabit port with 2sfp, limited lifetime warranty, L2 Managed, fanless with web GUI only. But its not small either. Unless you take up the 2x 8 port version which is smaller in size. I personally run it in home and at most...
  12. D

STH Official Meetup Group

Will it be possible to have live camera and streaming the meetup? So that people like me who are not in the region are still able the get the feel of whats on there. Perhaps just for members only.
  13. D

Request for help: Retrofit test server for 2.5" NVMe PCIe SSDs

Patrick, which NVMe Pcie ssd will you highly recommend? I will like to get it for my R730xd as dell price are crazy.
  14. D

Attempting workaround for MikroTik lack of support for DYNAMIC LACP

After reading around, there is no real success on this switch to work in LACP. Even if success, it will likely degrade the throughput. I had already bought two of this, intent to use it in W2012R2. With multipath enable, it simply uses all connection port and also, redundancy on another switch...
  15. D

Suggested appliance / linux as SAN+NAS solution?

It will work but if you need vmotion or ha, you need to use the other port in the esxi host to interconnect together by creating another subnet. For this direct connection, you may full utilize it by using vlan so that you can have share local storage between vm, management etc. Leaving the...
  16. D

Mikrotik CRS226 $244!!!!!!!!

Thks for the info.
  17. D

Thks for the multi-chassis lag info but what i understand that the routeros only support bonding. For what i want to know if the bond support lag like cisco etherchannel or any stp support that can prevent loopback. And also if the bond consume high load on cpu.
  18. D

If having two switches of this, does it allow stacking or lag to provide redundancy ? Example: A server with nic port 1 connect to switch A and another port 2 to switch B with lacp or the bonding, will it works in this way ? P
  19. D

IKEA Helmer custom cluster

I really think this an impressive design. It can be nicely built in home and MOST important, I can leave it in the room without my wife knowing thats a server rack in disguise. Lol~