Search results

1. adminmat

[FS][US-NYC] Selling Consumer PC parts, RAM, WD 12TB, CPU, PSU etc

Selling some consumer PC parts. All parts are in perfect working order. All prices include shipping via Fedex Home or USPS to the US. Photos available upon request. Summary List: CPU and accessories: Intel i7-8700k - $90 Rockit Delid and Relid kit - for LGA 1150 and 1151 CPUs - $35 RAM: G...
  2. adminmat

FS: AMD Threadripper Combo: 3970X, Noctua CPU Cooler and ASRock Rack MoBo

For sale: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X, 32 Core 64 Thread Processor Box and tool included ! Asrock Rack Server Workstation Motherboard Model: TRX40D8-2N2T with box Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3 140mm U-Type cpu cooler with box All in great condition. I'd like to sell this as a combo and not split...
  3. adminmat

Odd behavior in LSI HBA BIOS Utilities (constant refreshing)

I'm working on getting an ebay slecial, Seagate ST33000650SS with firmware 6FAA ready for use with an HBA in IT mode. (And Windows / Ubuntu) The disk was formatted to 520b which I changed to 512b using SG_util. Still could not get it to format in windows. I'm now attempting to format it with...
  4. adminmat

Enterprise HDDs and compatibility question

I'd like to get a couple SAS HDDs for my unRAID server. I've been shopping around for a couple 1 to 4 TB drives for testing but can't get a handle on what drives will work "out of the box" with a LSI SAS controller in IT mode. I read that many of the enterprise SAS HDDs are locked to a...
  5. adminmat

W-1270 compatible consumer grade mobo?

My brother bought a refurb dell workstation with a W-1270 and a Radeon Pro W5700. The CPU has been hovering around 90 to 100c when he's in game. He's using it for some business photoshop stuff and light gaming. I'm thinking he may want to move it to another case and mobo so he can fit a larger...
  6. adminmat

How can I check SSD's TBW in ESXi?

I have an SSD mounted in an Dell Optiplex Micro running ESXi 6.7.0 with an Ubuntu VM. I just use a single SSD. I'd like to check the TBW of this SSD but the last mention I can find to do this in ESXi was in 2016. A tool on Virten.net that is no longer supported. I can't check SMART from Ubuntu...
  7. adminmat

Help with adding storage to R720

Hi, I'd like to add some additional storage to an R720 LFF (8 bay). What is the most economical way to add additional storage. I understand the easiest way is to add a Dell PowerVault but I'd like to try to just add an LSI HBA to the R720 and expand off that's to a JBOD or DAS. I have some...
  8. adminmat

Questions on updating iDRAC firmware safely (R720)

Good evening all. I picked up an R720 last month with an iDRAC7 active Enterprise license and would like to update the iDRAC firmware. The current firmware version is: 1.57.57 (Build 04), last updated Oct 2 09:17:51 2014 I see the latest version is: iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller v. 2.63.60.62...
  9. adminmat

Supermicro X10 mATX board and Hyper 212 EVO?

Anyone happen to know if the Supermicro X10 boards in Micro-ATX are compatible with a Hyper 212 EVO cooler? Fit wise. Specifically the X10SRM-TF. I'm aware of the PWM fan issues. I'm just concerned with fit. (I have this cooler already so hopefully it fits) X10SRM-TF | Motherboards |...
  10. adminmat

Will this work to connect my JBODs?

Hello, this is my first post. Please excuse me if it's not the appropriate forum. I'm putting a couple HDD JBOD enclosures in my DIY cabinet rack. I'm a little confused as of how to best connect the JBOD to the server which will set a few feet away. Here's a pic of the mini server cabinet...