Search results

1. I

FS: [Local, San Diego] 24TB Lenovo DAS with Controller and Drives

bump, seller is a comrade from another forum. Never traded with him but he seems like a good guy
  2. I

Subforum request: Smart Home/Home Automation/IoT

I think "Smart Home" should be another section in addition to Hardware, Server Platforms, etc. And then broken out into: Home Automation (Z-wave/X10/1-wire/ZigBee etc) Lighting Power and Light Switches Thermostats Audio Security and Sensors
  3. I

Subforum request: Smart Home/Home Automation/IoT

I think it would be a great idea for ServeTheHome forums to have a place to talk about outfitting your home with technology controlling of power, security, music, etc. Seems like an no-brainer to me.
  4. I

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

Thank you all! RimBlock, you were correct. One of the molex connectors on the PDB was disconnected. I must have done that months ago and forgot about it. I can now power on nodes 1/2/3/4 individually
  5. I

Supermicro 4 node server with 12x drive trays $600

I have no idea what you just said but you sound mad
  6. I

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

I noticed that the bottom nodes (which are #2 and #4) will not power on if the top nodes (which are #1 or #3) are not powered on Has anyone else observed this?
  7. I

Dell PowerEdge C6100 XS23-TY3 2.5 x24 Bay 4 Node 8x Intel E5520

Thank you, I did receive the package, I suppose weather conditions or the like was limiting you from getting the box out Your PM inbox is full so I sent you an email about my slight issue with the unit, and I am replying here also to help get your attention
  8. I

WTB: Xeon X5650-like or L5640-like CPUs

Sure, send me a PM with your asking price
  9. I

Thank you sir! I would like to give the folks here on the forum a chance to unload any CPUs they have, before I go off to eBay
  10. I

Looking for a good deal on X5650, L5640, or similar CPUs. Thanks!
  11. I

Sanity check for building a C6100 for low power/heat/noise

Hey everyone, I am looking for advice/sanity check on this project. My goals are to build a C6100 with: VMWare ESX cluster lab with VERY low utilization As quiet as reasonably possible As cool as reasonably possible As energy efficient as reasonably possible Spend as little money as reasonably...
  12. I

How is it going with your shipment? I paid for my item over a week ago, and he has not shipped mine yet.
  13. I

Hey RimBlock, did c6100 ship your box yet?
  14. I

SSL for login

Do you have to ask?
  15. I

IRC channel #servethehome @ freenode is now open for business

Reminder for all new members, join us at #servethehome@freenode!
  16. I

WTB: 4 node trays for Dell C6100 **OR** full Dell C6100 system, details inside

TTT, talking to a few folks, haven't bought anything yet