Search results

1. L

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Alright, some updates on this. It has been kind of a pain since my two systems are in different locations. I confirmed that all the bios settings are the same between the two (working iKVM and nonworking iKVM.) The non-working one gets an IP address from the DHCP server, but, still nothing on...
  2. L

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

So on the most recent box I bought (from the same seller) the Web IPMI/iKVM interface doesn't seem to be running. A port scan shows nothing at expected ports, and navigating there in a browser just errors out. I presume this is related to what you were facing totalanni. Any input from anyone?
  3. L

Here's a $1.3k switch for you: 18x 40Gig QSFP and 40x 10gig SFP+

I'm curious about this too. If so this would be an even less expensive option than bonding 4x1GbE on a bunch of nodes.
  4. L

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

I've had one of my three blades be a little flakey, but after testing all the memory I found it had a bad stick in it, so after removing that all is well. I still haven't futzed with the IPMI on these. Did you reflash it with the link from the earlier discussion or was your ready to go out of...
  5. L

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

The HD bays are each wired in sets of four to the nodes, and the cables are super easy to reroute if you want to put all 12 to the same node. Each board has 6 SATA ports, so with a card and a riser it'll be easy to centralize the storage. I was debating doing this myself before I decided to...
  6. L

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

After a few hours wishing I knew where my pin extractor was, I got a node up and running! I still don't know what the Brown wire is for, but that's a task to solve another day.
  7. L

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Thanks Thanos! Looks like I was editing my post while you replied! Anyway, I have a pair of low profile Swiftech waterblocks on order to cool the processors, but I haven't paid any thought to the chipsets. They seem like they are typical 40mm 2 screw, so while it would add to the BOM, it is...
  8. L

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

To dig up this thread before it gets cold... Has anyone been able to run one of these nodes outside of the chassis yet? I know it has a "Proprietary 20-pin (12V single input) power connector" but that it physically fits a standard 20-pin. I'm probably going to go through pin by pin with a...
  9. L

Brocade 1020 CNA 10GbE PCIe Cards

I picked up a few of these as well. Can confirm they don't support passive DACs. I grabbed a few of the previously mentioned 3m Brocade active cables from Brocade 10g SFP Fcoe 3M Fcoe Active Cable 58 1000027 01 | eBay for 35$ a piece (so far the best price that I've seen). I'll let you know...