Search results

1. A

Home server plans - help ?

Hi Everyone, i would like to thank you all for the numerous ideas and alternatives you proposed to me, especially @WANg, @EffrafaxOfWug, were really helpful in clearing my myn in about what to do. Sadly my plans have suddenly changed as my primary laptop just died and had to replace quickly...
  2. A

the plan started like: the microserver is getting old and i would like to do something really nice with it... also i have some spare HDDs that would like to put to good use before EOL... 4*2Tb 3.5" sata wd red 3*1Tb 3.5" sata (various) 2*1Tb 2.5" sata 4*146Gb 2.5" sas 15K 4*146GB 2.5" sas 10K...
  3. A

mmm i see that cooljag has it's factories in china :D maybe i can source something from taobao (the chinese ebay) my workload is quite low, skipping the pfsense part i could reasonably do everything with just one DS 1819+ from synology, the point is that they use even lower CPUs and they are...
  4. A

Looking for server build recommendations.

I just checked on the website, and apparently the board has only one usable slot. in the key features it indicates that there is 1 pcie x8 slot with an option to use it on either one or the other slot. A2SDV-8C-TLN5F | Motherboards | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc.
  5. A

Looking for server build recommendations.

this board from Supermicro could be almost perfect for you. A2SDI-H-TF the only drawback is that's a mini itx, but maybe if you pair it with a pcie expander things could be more reasonable hope to be helpful
  6. A

Hi Everyone i'm Eddie, thanks in advance for your help/comments. I'm planning an upgrade on my actual home system and of course i'm really low budget. Ms system is composed with a few Hp DL 380 G7 - 1Cpu L5630 + 64Gb ddr3 ecc + 8*146Gb sas 10k used as test machine for now and really never...