Search results

1. M

Anyone done a Brocade 6610 fan mod?

Nice job @bbqdt ! Did you completely remove the PSU fans? Have you measured the PSU temperature with that mod? Currently my setup is: All fans still there, but I cut two square holes on the top cover with a dremel, and put two similar 120mm fans on it.
  2. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Ah, forgot to mention that I added the 120mm fans and the temp is well below threshold (40C). Just want to further push down on the thermal equilibrium :)
  3. M

First thank you for the guides :) One question, is there a way to tune these values? Aiming to further reduce noise...
  4. M

Forgot to mention: I think @kapone 's 6610 is a 24P non-PoE version and mine is with PoE, so there is a huge riser for the extra ports that significantly obstructs the airflow. Current plan is to hack it even harder (thinking about cutting on the front panel).
  5. M

So I added two 120mm fans for the heatsinks, one directly above the ASIC (black), and one on the left (the CPU, chrome). It now runs significantly quieter, though not perfect. I think the ultimate solution would be a water-cooled solution, but I am very happy now :) Thanks a lot, @fohdeesha ...
  6. M

I realized that after taking one PSU apart and let the unit run for a minute :( Thanks all for the information that cooling the ASIC actually spins the fans down, will try probably next week or so with a dremel :)
  7. M

Tried my 6610 today. It is too loud for a home lab setting so I have to do the mod as well. My PSU fan is a DELTA FFB0412UHN with four wires.
  8. M

Can try put a small PPM generator in so can trick the monitor. Anyway it has two PSUs so can work on one and still run the router. Will post if succeeded ;o
  9. M

Anyone doing a PSU fan switch? I disassembled one of my PSUs and the fan is FFB0412UHN. Wonder if there are recommended alternatives to it?