Search results

1. D

HPE Proliant SL4540 G8 issue

So i got myself a SL4540, of a beast. What i got is a single Node SL 4540 chassie. The CPU is replaced before i got it, pull the main HDD and handed me the caddys. i got a spare Node to. (SL170S) i got home, populated the ram, logged in to ilo and did a upgrade, cause it was old. upgraded the...
  2. D

VMware EXSi USB passthrough

I did go into bios to check if there was some USB legacy mode i can tur on but there are just this option. USB 3.0 Mode: Auto/Enable/Disable
  3. D

VMware EXSi USB passthrough

So... The host: HPE DL180 Gen9 running ESXi 6.5U3, and it has a 3.0 USB controller. 2 ports in the back,1 in front,1 internal, and maybe SD-card reader use one to. I have a issue whit USB passthrough in EXSi. I have activated the passthrough on the device in the host. i have added the USB...
  4. D

15 slot backplane

Yeah... The backplane has arrived. And the sata/sas port spacing is different. I even may fit 16 and not 15 hdd's in the row Have to make another metal rack to fit the new spacing. Meybe cut the bar and 3d print something on the top ho hold hdd's in place...
  5. D

15 slot backplane

i have looked into the possebility to use the Supermicro Backplane, but i'm struggeling to find the PCB measurement online.
  6. D

15 slot backplane

Yeah I have. The sff8492/4 is proprietary connector that only 45drive deliver. They are mounted in the bottom metal sheet, and I have tried to contact them multiple times but they don't reply. The sata connector is different than the one bought on Aliexpress/ebay cause they are put in from...
  7. D

15 slot backplane

Yeah that true.. Aliexpress have non offering :) I only find the SM and the Link real that have this backplane. IBM have a proprietary connector. Dell have 12 and 24 slots.
  8. D

15 slot backplane

OK, a sample board that put me down 500$ each is not an option. Is just looking for an online store that sells them so u can buy 3 or another board that I can use. The supermicro board is a candidate but it has just has holes on the top side of the board, and a way to fit in my case is then a...
  9. D

15 slot backplane

My idea is to lay It flat in the case bottom. But I need to have a way to mount. The SM boeas has just holes on one side of the board, a hole go through, I know that, but I need hole on both sides. Search one up you then see what I mean. There's maybe possible to make a hole at the small...
  10. D

15 slot backplane

.... and the SM board has mounting holes on only one side.
  11. D

15 slot backplane

Casue it just the pcb, an I'm replacing other backplanes, I need it to be 15 sata slot pcb to fit. I'm currently upgrade a Storinator45 ant it has 9 5x sata2 mutliplyer that need to go. A 15 slot backplane will fitt perfectly.
  12. D

15 slot backplane

ISO this packplane Linkreal 15 slot 6gps sas/SATA Backplane. But on Alibaba I have to buy like 1000pce and I only ned 3. Is there a place there I can buy just 3? Or another replacement product that do he trick. I like the fan headers that I can power the chassis fans form, and it's just a...
  13. D

LSI SAS 9201 16e expandercards

Or maybe the supermicro backplane will do the trick...
  14. D

https://m.alibaba.com/product/62024887856/Linkreal-15-Slot-6Gbps-SAS/SATA-Backplane.html?__sceneInfo=%7B%22cacheTime%22%3A%221800000%22%2C%22type%22%3A%22appDetailShare%22%7D
  15. D

Hi, I'm done some thinking and planing. How is this?? Replace backplane to my v2 Storinator45. Mount 3x 15sata/sas backplane on the bottom to replace the 9x 5 sata2 backplane port multiplier. So if I mount the backplane on standoff mounts in the same spots as the old then they fit the old hdd...
  16. D

Disigning a PCB pass-through card for the storagepod v2

I'm currently trying to design a pass-through card to replace the 5 port multipler card fitted in my Storinator45/ Storagepod v2. this way i get minimal change in the drive enclosure and i will get direct connection to the HBA/ RAID card. I'm searching for the design spec for this card...
  17. D

cluster / distributed computing whit vmware

not expecting, just hoping. i'm just a semi-pro so just walking the water so see what possible. i hoping i can use all the vCPU in one vm but dont know if its possible.
  18. D

cluster / distributed computing whit vmware

My problem: I do video rendring 4k and its taking forever by cpu. the software i use dos not support GPU, that would do my job more "fun". So i'm stuck with windows, and a crappy windows program. i have in my posession servereal servers. some HPE G9's and some other server grade HW that...
  19. D

Yeah this setup i what i looking for. did't notice the 3gb expander, thought is was a 6. my setup was using one SFF-8088 to each expander, then do 12 drive on each. then do raid over first sas channel of each expander. then do raid over second sas channel drives of each expander then do raid...
  20. D

Hi i'm building a storing case and have a 9201-16e at hand. i have a old Storinator-45 that i like to convert to a DAS. the case has 45 drive bays and i need a proper expander(s) card(s) to make this work. i'm lookin at the inexpenive HP 468406-B21 - HP 24 Bay SAS Expander Card but i dont know...