Search results

1. M

[US-AZ] WTB: 1-2 AMD EPYC 7262

Ordered two from AntOnline for $390 ea (new HPE Upgrade Kits) $847 taxed and shipped. (ebay says 8 more for sale)
  2. M

Yep, and if I could find two in stock at MSRP, I think I'd be just fine. But yes, the secondary market seems to be overpriced, despite the Dell (and Lenovo) locking.
  3. M

I was looking to keep them below $550, but I know the secondary market on 2nd Gen EPYC CPUs are kind of murky.
  4. M

Looking to purchase 1-2 reasonably priced AMD EPYC 7262 (this specific model only) CPUs for use in ASRock EPYCD8 motherboards Shipping to Phoenix, AZ 85023 Thanks everyone and have a smooth and virus-free week! MM
  5. M

(US) DFI Strikes again with a DT-122-GH, V1807B and PCIe 3.0x16 for 370 USD. Another HP thin client SFF workalike?

looks like standard LP bracket, but manual sez limited to *175mm* length
  6. M

HGST He8 Ultrastar 8TB HUH728080AL5200 $82

Most (paper) currency in circulation today (regardless of country) has no actual intrinsic value any longer as the central banks moved off the gold standard over the last 50 years or so. Currency itself was invented as a medium of exchange to facilitate trading. As for crypto being illegal —...
  7. M

EPYCD8-2T smooth upgrade from gen1(naples) to gen2(rome)

Did they mention what was new in bios 2.70? I think only 2.60 is available on the website. I like my EPYCD8-2T,except that it seems to “hang” at boot anytime there is a windows update other than windows defender definitions. I will power on via IMPI and it will say that it fails (even though...
  8. M

Intel 8x NVMe 2.5" U.2 Hot Swap Bay - $120 seller offer

The DPDK version is dual port (DP) — some specific SAS hard drives have dual ports for higher throughput; S3 in the descriptor would still indicate up to SAS3. Note: the DPDk was in the product family config guide, but was removed several revisions ago. HS is hotswap.
  9. M

EXPIRED Seagate Exos x16 16tb 12Gb/s SAS $349 Daily deal

There is also free shipping on this offer. However, the promo code is limited to three drives. Provantage is less expensive than Newegg, but they do charge for shipping. If you need 5+ drives, Provantage will be less expensive, including shipping.
  10. M

Anybody need a PB of storage?

While most NA households run predominantly on 120v, most modern housing also has 220v or 240v to power some of the larger appliances (clothes dryer,central air, pool pump, etc) in addition. But 1250w is like leaving using a hair dryer... Left on all the time. Probably only a bit quieter as well!
  11. M

Anybody need a PB of storage?

And to think -- Facebook fills the equivalent one of these *EVERY DAY*!!! (And I'm guessing they don't use the recertified stuff either...)