Search results

1. A

Temperature Comparison: LSI SAS2008 vs. SAS2308

Oh, tanks for the hint to the SMBus I2C thing! I now remember reading a lot about it concerning the IBM ServeRAID variants of the card, but I completely forgot about that since this was some years ago. Then I’ll go with the Fujitsu D2607! I do hope is does not have this problem, but even if: I...
  2. A

Basically you are right @Markess , but technically, even if the heat is transported away from the chip itself, my case interior will get hotter – although probably not that much. I all boils down to the effort I’d have to put into keeping the card cool. The SAS2308 based controller I had in...
  3. A

Ok, since I am only using spinning hard drives for now, I’ll go with a SAS2008 card then! Thanks! Do you have any recommendations or experience with the different custom designs of the OEM cards? I need 2 internal connectors and I’d prefer the ports to be at the back (basically a 9211-8i type...
  4. A

Hey! Does any of you know which of the above-mentioned chipset runs cooler/hotter in a medium airflow environment? I need a new HBA for my FreeNAS home server and since the cards with these two are almost priced identically now (used on ebay) I would rather go with SAS2308 since it’s PCIe 3.0...