Search results

1. D

VMWare 6.7 u2 + Connectx-3 Infinband no worky

I have three servers with VMware 6.7 update 2 that do not work with my Connectx-3 cards. I tried following some articles about installing version 1.83 of the drivers onto ESX, but the instructions don't work on 6.7, maybe they only work on 6.5? Has anyone gotten Connectx-3 working on vmware 6.7?
  2. D

LSI Syncro 9271 SATA drives?

I purchased a syncro 9271, upon booting it said it doesn't support SATA drives, which I thought was rather annoying, and thought I would update the firmware. I update to the straight LSI 9271 controller and now it says "NVRAM is missing". Is there anyway to fix it?
  3. D

Mellanox 4036e console cable

I've got a mellanox 4036e off of ebay, and while it gets an IP and I get a logon screen, I neither have a password for it, nor can I get any sort of access via the serial port. I've tried a cisco console cable, a null modem cable, a straight through cable, and switch pins 2 / 6, 2/3 and 2/4 and...
  4. D

LSI 9271 / 9265 Cachecade write-through only

So I have an LSI 9271 with some intel SSDs and an LSI 9265 with 2x 850 EVO samsung SSDs and I put in the trial code to see how cachecade would work, and cachecade is stuck in "write-through" mode, I'm unable to change it to write-back. Is this a function of the my SSDs maybe not being...
  5. D

Infiniband, should I stay or go?

I have 3 nodes on a DDR infiniband network, I'm using CX-3 / CX-2 cards on a Qlogic 24 port DDR switch. I'm adding 2 more nodes, and can't decide if I should just add more cables to what I have now, or take the plunge and get a QDR infiniband switch and all new QSFP cables, or add some more...
  6. D

Can ping server in different subnet, but not RDP or browse shared drives

I have a really odd problem. I have a separate subnet that contains all the servers, all but two of them I can browse with no problem and RDP into. There are two servers that I can ping, but cannot RDP or browse into. If I move them to the same subnet as my workstation, it works fine, and if...
  7. D

LB4M, Port Channel groups / VLAN issues

I'm noticing something weird. I posted before about my weird network performance, and I think I may have found a good portion of the issue. I have a 4 port channel group defined, and then I add the VLAN membership to the port channel group and the individual ports, and if I assign the VLAN to...
  8. D

Quanta LB4M performance tuning?

Anyone have suggestions on performance tuning for the LB4M? I think I may have gotten a router that's a bit too complicated for me. I'm seing performance from one 4nic team to another 4 nic team of around 500mb with iperf, and don't know if i'm missing something in the router, or not using...
  9. D

Storage controller options with SSD / HDD

Current Setup: LSI 9271-8i. 1 Internal port goes to 4 SSDs, the second internal port goes to an IBM 16 port SAS expander that's hooked to 10 3-4 TB SATA3 drives. I have 2 SSDs on the expander for Cachecade. Questions: 1. The performance of the SSDs on the expander is less than half the...
  10. D

Qlogic 9024 Infiniband Switch Fan noise & Mounting?

The loudest thing in my rack right now is my qlogic 9024 DDR switch. I had tried to run it without the fans and it just runs too hot. Is there an alternative way to cool the switch? I remember the fan connector looking proprietary when I last opened it up, but can I just swap the fans out for...
  11. D

Quanta LB4M setup?

My Quanta switch came in last week, I havent had a chance to dig into the manual, but how do i set it up? do i need a console cable? will it use a cisco rj45 cable? or does it already have an ip assigned?
  12. D

Low power File server replacement?

I currently have a Xeon e3 1230v2 file server, and was wondering if there was a lower power replacement for it? I need at least 4 PCI-E slots for raid controllers, HCAs and quad port nics. Right now it pulls 170 watts with 10 HDs, 8 SSDs, LSI 9271, dual port nic, a CX-3 card and 32 Gbs of ram...
  13. D

Am i crazy for wanting to replace my infiniband switch?

I currently have a Qlogic silverstorm 9024 DDR unmanaged infiniband switch. Connected to it are 3 Servers (soon to be 4) that have dual port HCAs, 1 CX3 and 2 CX2. Everything is running well, but the performance just isn't as fast as I think it could be. I replaced all the ConnectX cards with...
  14. D

Chinese intel i350 adapters?

i've seen i350 cards on ebay for $95 from china and was wondering if anyone had experience with them? brand name? quality?
  15. D

Suggestions for 48 port gigabit switch in the $100 to $300 range

Right now I have a 24 port dell switch that's about 5yrs old. I'm running out of ports and have started looking at options in the $100 to $300 range. Any suggestions? I'd like to stay away from dell as they seem to get universally bad reviews, and while my switch has been good to me, I feel...
  16. D

Infiniband PortXmitWait & PortRcvSwitchRelayErrors

Having posted the previous "strange infiniband issue" post, i've actually gone through and managed to fix all the problems through trial & error & google. Ever since thursday of last week i've had no dropouts of any kind and don't expect any in the near future. But, having fixed the stability...
  17. D

WTB: Silverstorm DDR switch management board + QSFP - CX4 cables

I currently have a Silverstorm 9024 unmanaged infiniband DDR switch and would like to see if some had a managed one laying around they would like to get rid of? The switch I have now is working great, but I would just like the management board to add to it. I don't care if the switch is bad...
  18. D

Strange Infiniband Issue

About 2 months ago I started to have an issue with a previously rock solid Infiniband network, and was hoping someone here could help me figure out issue. I have a good idea what issue is but don't know a good way to fix it. Environment: Server 1, Hyper-V Host (iSCSI Client, Windows server...
  19. D

SR-IOV with Supermicro x9scm-f & Connectx-2?

I didn't know if this was even possible. I ended up upgrading the motherboard to a supermicro after seeing their FAQ on their site stating that all x9 boards support SR-IOV. I installed the motherboard and then I re-burned the firmware with some additional switches for sriov support that I...
  20. D

12+ drive RAID controller?

I've been trying to get the best deal, i want to spend around $400, and I was looking at getting possible a lsi 9260-i16, 9280-16i or an areca 1880ixl. I currently have 8 drives on an adaptec 5805, along with 3 sata3 SSDs and I would like to unify them on a single controller. I've seem some...