Search results

1. D

Sophos SG-230?

Not really. Acording to this guide from Sophos, that SG 230 rev 1 has a Pendium Dual Core 3,2 GHz, and 8Gb of ram. https://www.infinigate.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Vendors/Sophos/Products/sophos-sg-series-sizing-guide-sgde.pdf SG 310 has an i3, so it will be cheaper to get your hands on some...
  2. D

Sophos SG-230?

UTM has the old nicer UI, more stable. XG is newer the last time I tried it had some kirks, but for a VM I will try XG, 4 vCPUs and 6 Gb of ram, for home use you should have more than enough I'm running OPNSense on a HP T610 thin client.
  3. D

Sophos SG-230?

Sophos will give you a free license for home use, UTM is limited to 50 IPs and XG is limited to 4 cores and 6Gb of ram. Those boxes are X86 and a lot of them have a VGA port on the back, or the pinout in the motherboard.
  4. D

How To Use SFP with Dell Powerconnect 2748 and 2724

Look at the port config, maybe there is a VLAN defined there, that happened to me with the 5524. As for optics, both 5524 I have running work with non-Dell DACs SFP+
  5. D

Dell Powerconnect 2724 and HP Procurve 6400CL

You can't As you stated the 2724 has SFP ports, not SPF+, so no 10gb connection to this switch.