Search results

1. M

HPE ProLiant Microserver Gen10 Advice/ Suggestions

Hi guys, Does anyone know which cables do I need to get to install an SSD using a caddy in the DVD Drive in the Microserver Gen10? I know I'll probably need a SATA cable as I think none are included. But which cable do I need to get to power the drive? I've seen a couple options: - Molex...
  2. M

HP Microserver Gen10 vs Budget MiniITX FreeNAS Build - 500€ - Europe

Thank you very much for you answer. I too think that option is the best, just wanted to get an opinion from you guys. Another question: Does anyone know which cables do I need to get to install an SSD using a caddy in the DVD Drive in the Microserver Gen10? I know I'll probably need a SATA...
  3. M

Be aware that although the board supports ECC memory it works in Non-ECC mode. I'd also like to ask another question, this time about storage. I have around 150€ to spend and I thought about a few options: - One 4TB HDD (WD Red or Seagate IronWolf - ~125€) and in the future another one to run...
  4. M

Hi guys! Ended up buying the Microserver Gen10 mainly for being a ready made solution and for its quietness and low power. When it arrives I'll give you some feedback. Thank you!
  5. M

EU [eBay] Super Micro X11SCL-F

New Supermicro X11SCL-F Motherboard - Intel C242, LGA1151, supports 128GB RAM | eBay It's not mine. Seems to be a great deal!
  6. M

Hi @EffrafaxOfWug, FreeNAS isn't a must. I just mentioned it because it seemed like a good option. I want a solution that allows me to have a file server at home without compromising my data (Personal pictures, documents, etc... Nothing mission critical.) and to run all the other services I...
  7. M

Hi guys! This is my first post here. I want to purchase a NAS/Home Server for running FreeNAS and other services in one or two Ubuntu VMs like Home Assistant, OpenVPN server, Plex Media Server and others. The server is going to run 24/7 in my bedroom so silence and low power consumption are a...