Search results

1. V

First Time Builder Needs Advice

Sure, I knew that. You smiled when you said it... :cool: I feel the same way about the 6L6 tubes in the Fender Twin thing... ;)
  2. V

I hear you. I've been reading some of the articles here and know a lot more about it now than I did a few days ago. Believe it or not, I'm still working on a Mac G5. I don't upgrade very often. ;) I had never heard of Rome or Ice Lake or anything like that. I want to build a workstation that I...
  3. V

I'm trying to perform my own 'due diligence' and not bug you guys too much - but... I have read that it's best to buy multiple DIMM chips in kits of 2, 4 or 8 because they are somehow matched to each other. Kind of like guitar amp tubes. ;) Is this true or significant? There aren't any...
  4. V

Got you - thanks! If both are correct, then Intel is correct and I can use the DDR4-2933 with that chip/board combination. Thanks for confirming the 6 DIMM minimum.
  5. V

I've downloaded the manual for the X11SPA-T motherboard. One thing that jumps out is this statement that appears several times in the manual: "Note: 2933 MHz memory is supported by 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable-SP (82xx/62xx series) processors only." Yet, the Intel Product Specifications...
  6. V

Very interesting - thanks for the heads up! I'll check it out...
  7. V

That is invaluable - thank you so much! So, this is the MB that I would need? X11SPA-T | Motherboards | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc.
  8. V

Build’s Name: forwardProgress Operating System/ Storage Platform: Windows 10 Pro CPU: Xeon W Model W-3235 Intel® Xeon® W-3235 Processor (19.25M Cache, 3.30 GHz) Product Specifications Motherboard: SUPERMICRO MBD-X11SPA-TF-O SUPERMICRO MBD-X11SPA-TF-O LGA 3647 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard...