Search results

1. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Thank you Rollo for your help ☺️
  2. T

ES Xeon Discussion

hello friends i have a 'qn37 2.00GHZ' xeon processor. I think it is most similar to a xeon gold 6138, but i have no mobo to bring it up to check. from this thread i should get a supermicro x11 board and use BIOS 2.x, is that right?
  3. T

Help! Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 no video

Hi everyone, Thanks for the help. I connected the motherboard to my wireless router, then logged into the router interface where I found the motherboard IP. Now I am able to get into the ipmi 'gigabyte embedded management software' interface where I can do things like power on and off the...
  4. T

Is it worth waiting for 3200Mhz ECC RAM?

I'm not too sure. You have a good point about the Ryzen 3000 series. I must not be remembering right
  5. T

Is it worth waiting for 3200Mhz ECC RAM?

One thing to keep in mind for Rome are that it has 8 channels per socket for DIMMS, so populate them at least one DIMM per channel for best performance
  6. T

Help! Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 no video

Hi, I'm new to servers and especially home servers, but I have built PCs before. I have a gigabyte MZ31-AR0 EPYC SP3 motherboard and I can't get any video signal out of it. I have heard that you can power up the motherboard with no CPU or RAM in it. But when I try that, the BMC led stays solid...