Search results

1. W

ES Xeon Discussion

Just to confirm, these devices run at the same full clock rate as the production parts?
  2. W

Threadripper Pro 5000 motherboard with PBO

The bandwidth of those lanes is high yes, however in practical terms its the number of physical lanes that is important. As soon as you plug a card in you lose lanes in the other slots, and there are only 2 16x slots on most of the x670 motherboards. I have been looking at 7950x as an...
  3. W

Now that there is no longer a midrange part, and given the lane limitations of ryzen desktop parts, I would disagree. So far I have found that the MSI will support PBO but it might not be working yet, and the ASRock Creator already supports PBO but they removed Intel 10GbE and there doesnt seem...
  4. W

I read that Threadripper Pro 5000 chips are overclockable, but that most of the existing Threadripper motherboards don't support this feature. Does anyone know of a Threadripper motherboard with PBO?
  5. W

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

anyone found a solution to this problem yet?
  6. W

Thanks... going a bit crazy, cause I just reinstalled 7.1 and can't get it to work now, even though I had it working on 7.1 yesterday.
  7. W

Anyone else had problems with ZenStates-Rome-ES in Proxmox 7.2? Clock frequency seems to remain the same after running each of the preset scripts. I tried installing Proxmox 7.1 and it works fine, and breaks again after performing upgrade back to 7.2.
  8. W

Threadripper Pro 5000 WX series, where to buy?

Any details on stock of Threadripper Pro 5000 WX series yet?
  9. W

Supermicro X10 (and possibly other board) Linux fan management

Thanks very much for this. Was wondering if you know how to get it to work in Proxmox/Debian? I got stuck and also tried to run in a Fedora LXC, but then had trouble working out all the devices I needed to pass through for ipmi-sensors to work.
  10. W

EPYC Rome RAM settings for XMR performance

I would also like to know if there is much difference between 3200 vs other slower speeds for my 2 x ZS1406E2VJUG5. I bought 4 x 32GB DDR4-3200AA RDIMM for usd450 last year just to make sure my system was working properly, now I need to buy 12 more sticks and the price is much much higher.
  11. W

Any idea on how to get SOCRUN voltages under control?
  12. W

I am running 2 x ZS1406E2VJUG5 on the H11DSI, and the motherboard is reporting a P1_SOCRUN of 1.174V (upper critical). Is anyone able to share how they solved this? I have placed a few 40mm fans on the motherboard heatsinks but so far it has made no difference.
  13. W

Current/future motherboard options for EPYC Rome ES (ZS1406E2VJUG5)

Managed to pick up a couple of ZS1406E2VJUG5 chips and wanted to run them on a dual socket board. I think currently the only motherboard option is H11DSI. Does anyone know when H12DSI or ROME2D16-2T motherboards will be available and whether they will work?
  14. W

ES Xeon Discussion

I think X11SPM8_615.zip is the one we are after