Search results

1. F

Can I use an onboard controller with a MD1200 DAS and Supermicro mobo?

Hi, I was thinking about using a Dell MD1200 or MD1220 with my freenas, which is on a SuperMicro X11SDV-4C-TP8F mobo. Can I connect these DAS to my mobo or do I absolutely need an HBA? My plan is to use SATA-only disks. Best, Francis
  2. F

2U chassis for Supermicro X11SDV-4C-TP8F

Hi, I'm looking for a 2U chassis with 8 hot-swap HDD slots for my Supermicro X11SDV-4C-TP8F mb. I had my eyes on the Supermicro SC825 TQC-600LPB chassis, but I heard reports that someone had the SC826 version and needed an HBA controller, since the onboard controller didn't work with the...
  3. F

Gooxi chassis with Supermicro board - anyone?

Hi, I have a Supermicro X11SDV-4C-TP8F and I am thinking about buying the Gooxi RMC2108 Server chassis. It's manual is this one: http://www.gooxi.us/upload/201806/14/201806141545385570.pdf Has anyone got a similar chassis? What's your impression considering noise, quality, etc? Another...
  4. F

Cheap rack mount jbod?

Hi there, I am considering moving my server, currently a Supermicro X11SDV-4C-TP8F motherboard on a Fractal Design case, to a rack mount. I've wanted to move this motherboard to a 1U enclosure from Supermicro and attach a JBOD mini SAS DAS to it. However, I didn't find anything cheaper in the...
  5. F

How are the motherboard and disks cooled down on a server chassis?

Hi, I am considering moving my Supermicro X11SDV-4C-TP8F from a Fractal Design case to a server chassis like this one...
  6. F

Which SATA ports are connected to which SAS controller on Supermicro X11SDV-4C-TP8F?

Hi, I have a Supermicro 11SDV-4C-TP8F motherboard and I run ESXi on it, having FreeNAS as a VM. I am considering buying a server rack mount for this board with 12 hot-swappable disks - 2U 2412 - Inter-Tech GmbH, and I am a bit unsure of one thing: The motherboard has 2 MiniSAS HD connectors...
  7. F

Please help me understand the fan controls of Supermicro MB's

Hi there, I just bought a Supermicro X11SDV-4C-TP8F, and I really like it. The active cooler I bought from Supermicro is extremely noisy, though, and I wanted to have it a bit quieter. I read lots of blog posts about setting up the upper and lower threshold of the fan speed via impitools, as...
  8. F

Supermicro X11SDV-4C-TP8F, ESXi, Freenas, passthrough and cooling

Hi there everyone! This is my first post here. I am considering building an ESXi/FreeNAS setup, and after reading a lot, I decided - almost - to buy the Supermicro X11SDV-4c-TP8F. I plan to install it on a Fractal Design 804. My original plan was to get a X11SDV-4C-TLN2F on a Fractal Design...