Search results

1. B

NVME devices in OmniOS - ESXI Passthrough

Passing through the drives (SSD and later NVME) to OmniOS in ESXI. I am using this now for 10+ years. First time I noticed this problem was with Intel Optane drives, and now more and more NVME Drives don't work, Micron u.3 7300 and 7450 don't work .. For some strange reason Samsung u.2 NVME...
  2. B

EU FS - Dual Intel Xeon X5670 + Supermicro X8DTI-F + 192GB DDR3 RAM

I am selling my Dual Intel Xeon: -1 x Supermicro X8DTI-F MB fully populated with - 12x 16GB DDR3 ECC REG PC3L 12800R memory modules (192GB in total) - 2x Intel Xeon X5670 2.93Ghz 6 core (6/12HT) CPUs and I/O shield. - The CPU coolers are passive 2U units. I has 2x 1GB NIC + 1x IPMI dedicated...
  3. B

SNMP Monitoring using Grafana for Brocade Switches ?

Anyone using Grafana with prometheus or InfluxDB to monitor the Brocade ICX switches (temperature, traffic, port status etc)? I found a few things but nothing "ready" to use. I find this very interesting to have a great overview of all the metrics in home lab. prometheus/snmp_exporter...
  4. B

Which CPU for fast Wordpress server? (Threadripper or Epyc)

I have an older (Dual Xeon X5670 ) setup from which I am running some web sites, and now I want to get something new. I am looing at Epyc vs Threadripper mainboards to replace this old one and keep the case and drives I have now. TR has so much higher clock that I do not believe memory...
  5. B

Onine (Double Conversion) UPS-es

Hope this is the correct place for my question. I have been using APC UPS units now for 15 years at least but the best I had was 2200 Smart UPS, line interactive. Now I went to look for a double-conversion UPS and found there are actually a lot of different manufactures. I did not know there...