Search results

1. N

WD HE12 SAS Drive Not Recognized in LSI2308

@Kelvarr you can modify the drives themselves but I didn't want to go that route to maintain the warranty like you mentioned. However, I plan to change what I did (used standard black electrical tape). I'm going to just cut and cap the orange wire on the Dell connector assembly I posted above...
  2. N

@Stephan that worked! I didn't try it, thinking from the limited old knowledge I had about the issue that it only affected shucked drives from external enclosures. I've now done some reading and realize it's not just about shucked drives. Thanks for the help. Adding this in case anyone...
  3. N

Hi all, My system is as follows: Supermicro X10SL7-F w/ Xeon E3-1281 v3 and 32GB ECC DDR3 8x4TB HGST Ultrastar HDDs Antec P101 Silent case I'm running TrueNAS and recently got some drive errors. I decided to replace the 4TB with a WD Ultrastar DC HC520 HUH721212AL4204 0F29579 12TB since it...
  4. N

SOLD: Supermicro SC745 server chassis case w/ 920W SQ Power Supply

Still available. Shipping seems to be the big issue, but the price is negotiable.
  5. N

Still available. Shipping seems to be the big issue, but the price is negotiable.
  6. N

@epycmac nice choice of board. It's 12" x 13.05" EATX and this chassis supports 13.68" x 13". I measured it and the 13" dimension is the length (from the front panel to the rear IO). I don't believe your board will fit quite right by a tiny margin.
  7. N

I did look into it for another member and it looks like Fedex or UPS Ground is between 130 and 150 (estimate based on size and weight). Price is negotiable too.
  8. N

Still looking for a new home for this great case.
  9. N

You are right! I'll update the post. Still available and negotiable!
  10. N

I'm located in the NYC area (right by Giants Stadium in NJ) and can meet up within a reasonable distance. Thanks for the posts! :)
  11. N

SOLD LOCALLY, THANKS ALL! Up for sale is a Supermicro SC745. It has 8 hot swap bays (all hot swap trays and drive spacers are installed and ready to use) and an 80 Plus Platinum 920W super quiet (SQ) power supply. The case specs from Supermicro's site are linked here for clarity...
  12. N

12TB WD GOLD

Do you have 4 more? =)
  13. N

FS Supermicro PWS-1K28P-SQ NJ

Looking to resell this PSU. I bought it from eBay not realizing it has the longer distributor connector and it won't work in my chassis. The return postage price is nuts, so I'll be out some money. I don't want to do any dremeling of the connector to make it fit. I'm in NJ/NYC area and can...
  14. N

SuperMicro PWS-920P-1R 920W 80+ Plat PSU

The PSU works well and reports good values. It's the last piece I can still hear in the build so I'm planning to replace it with an SQ. Someone that doesn't mind it being not as quiet as an SQ would be happy with this PSU. I'm looking to sell it for best offer. I'm offering it for $20 +...
  15. N

FS: Used Supermicro H8DGi-F pulled from CSE-745

I was able to get into the IPMI interface with the default U/P. If anyone has suggestions on what I should take screen grabs of, feel free to let me know. I'm going to do some research on what is good to know as well.
  16. N

FS: Used Supermicro H8DGi-F pulled from CSE-745

I'll do that later in the week, currently away from home for work.