Search results

1. A

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

son of a gun turns out it is a bad HDMI cable... the same cable (amazon basic) worked a few months ago... BTW, does anyone know if DP connector work before OS is loaded? I have a DP -> HDMI cable, and that also doesn't work. This cable is like a few weeks old...
  2. A

Does anyone know how to debug/troubleshoot m920q no video output? just received a used 920q with quad port NIC from ebay hooked up HDMI and DP to HDMI to my TV, and power up the unit I see power LED comes on I think I hear fan whispering I see my USB thumb drive flashing, so there's activity I...
  3. A

I am looking at quadro mainly for the nvenc encoder I do plan on using it for encoding videos software encode just take too much time. Time means $$$, and my electric bill aint cheap sadly.... At a point I did look into intel igpu up to gen 9 since it supports sr-iov, but i am gonna drop this...
  4. A

thank you everyone for sharing these thinkstation info! I plan to get my first tiny, and like to get some suggestion which one would fit my needs I will run either proxmox or just libvirt for VMs i would like to have a dGPU for virtualize jellyfin (Quadro p620/p1000/t1000) I would like to share...
  5. A

napp-it ixgbe error

Gea As usual, thank you for all your feedback! Hopefully i can find time to get to the bottom of it
  6. A

napp-it ixgbe error

when omni OS first booted up with Fujitsu NIC in it, it recognize both port : ixgbe2 and ixgbe3 In fact, ixgbe2 was working (traffic going thru, serviing files thru NFS, etc) for about an hour Then slowly it start degrading * lost network until reboot * lost ixgbe3 * working port/ixgbe2 not even...
  7. A

napp-it ixgbe error

I will look into OS update, MTU, and cooling As far as NIC firmware, any idea if I can flash intel's, or I have to stick with Fujitsu? BTW, it doesn't look good at all now : ixgbe2 is completely missing and ixgbe3 can ping after boot, but fail 2 mins later? Last login: Fri Dec 31 11:56:33...
  8. A

napp-it ixgbe error

I have a Fujitsu D2755-A11 (Intel X520 clone) installed to my nappit box (omnios-r151036-a13510b579) I only plugged in one port (ixgbe2), yet ixgbe3 show it's up... kkfong@nappit:~$ dladm show-phys LINK MEDIA STATE SPEED DUPLEX DEVICE igb0 Ethernet...
  9. A

Network segment for storage only

I have a very small network at home, with ICX7150 as my primary/"core" switch I would like to setup a separate segment just for storage, and use jumbo frame this separate segment will be running thru microtik CRS305-1G-4S+IN The GBE port will connect to my primary network, while the SFP port...
  10. A

Flapping NIC

Thanks for the firmware update tip! TIL
  11. A

Flapping NIC

I already tried your max|send|receive setting, and somehow it's not working for me I need to find more time to fiddle with it My box is down for now, so can't provide any data... As far as pciutils version, yours is from latest (note Branch 151036.1) [root@hedgehoggrifter:~] $ pkg info...
  12. A

Flapping NIC

Just found out this is a thing in Omni OS :) pkg update After updating to latest 151036m, lspci is working kkfong@nappit:~$ sudo lspci -nnv |grep Giga 01:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+ Network Connection [8086:10fb] (rev 01) 01:00.1 Ethernet...
  13. A

Flapping NIC

I learn about that Brocade/Ruckus/Comscope router from non other than this forum :) I got mine from ebay, and some seller claim it comes "free" as part of their new home setup I will certainly look for a compatible SFP+ module that will work for the microtik switch (likely fs.com) This is...
  14. A

Flapping NIC

Thanks for your feedback! Just for the heck of it, instead of using SFP+ port on Microtik Switch CRS305-1G-4S+, I plugged them into my other router : ICX7150-C12P and no more flapping NIC stays up and I can do ping and iperf3 between the two devices that are on the same subnet It seems like...
  15. A

Flapping NIC

I think that's what it's called? This is in my dmesg Jan 24 22:32:44 nappit mac: [ID 435574 kern.info] NOTICE: ixgbe0 link up, 10000 Mbps, full duplex Jan 24 22:32:45 nappit mac: [ID 486395 kern.info] NOTICE: ixgbe0 link down Jan 24 22:32:45 nappit mac: [ID 435574 kern.info] NOTICE: ixgbe0 link...
  16. A

napp-it 14b AIO upgrade path?

Finally find some time to play with COMSTAR using the GUI (was doing it using CLI in my last setup), and its not too bad I think I will just start from scratch with all the LU/target/view/etc Again, thank you very much for your assistance!
  17. A

looks like edit post doesnt count as new message... Is there anyway to "migrate" iSCSI setting from one machine to the next?
  18. A

Gea Thank you for the details! I will try it out EDIT: Just followed the steps above, and I am on latest napp-it now! BTW, is it possible to "export" the old iSCSI config from my old install and import into the new one?