Search results

1. K

raid controller creating 2 partitions on a single drive help

so i have a dell perc H700 with a 3TB sas drive connected to my gaming pc. the perc H700 sees the drive and allows me to create a virtual disk using the full capacity of the drive, however when i initialize the drive windows 10 sees two separate partitions instead of a single partition with the...
  2. K

need help setting up my server by adding a cache drive

im building a storage server using windows 10 pro as the os. the purpose of the server is to back up my important data, so that if my steam games and other important data on my ryzen gaming pc is gone i will have it backed up. is there any way to create a cache drive using a 2.5 inch sata ssd on...
  3. K

need help setting up my server for file transfer

@i386 because i just installed it i never used windows server before let alone any server based os this is my first time setting up a server i decided earlier this year that i needed to back up my important data to a secondary pc so i decided to build a server using a server based os
  4. K

@pricklypunter this is exactly what i was looking for thank you
  5. K

ok so i have my primary gaming computer running windows 10 which is connected to my netgear modem/router combo via ethernet, my server runs windows server 2022 and is connected via ethernet to a 10 port netgear unmanaged switch, the switch is then connected to my modem/router combo how do i set...
  6. K

help bios not seeing drives connected to sas card?

@ericloewe when i power on the server it says press ctrl r to enter raid config utility in that utility i can see all the drives and they are listed as unconfigured but in windows i do not see the drives thats what i meant sorry for the confusion
  7. K

help bios not seeing drives connected to sas card?

ok so i have a supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+ motherboard with dual 6 core v2 cpus and a dell perc H700 sas/raid card, i have 8 sata drives connected to the raid card. if i go into the raid cards config bios utility All of the drives show up as unconfigured however if i go into my bios i dont see any...
  8. K

need help adding memory to my server

@RolloZ170 i was only searching for this part number ( CT16G3ERSLD4160B.36FN ) which is why i had trouble finding it so cheap lol
  9. K

thanks didnt know that but how do i know if ram is micron or not most ebay sellers dont list the chips on the ram
  10. K

@RolloZ170 what do you mean do nt mix vendor in channel?
  11. K

@nexox im confused tho like even if i get 2Rx4 12800R 16 gig dimms does it matter if i buy samsung or hynix ram etc given the fact that my current ram is from crucial?
  12. K

so i currently have a supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+ motherboard, with 6 sticks of Crucial 16GB DDR3-1600MHZ PC3L-12800R ECC Registered RAM CT16G3ERSLD4160B.36FN memory. finding memory sticks with the exact matching part numbers, is almost impossible if not expensive. i am wanting to add more ram to...
  13. K

i need some info on this cpu cooler

@RolloZ170 so this cooler will work out of the box with my 2011 square ilm socket i ask because it says Lenovo ThinkStation P410 P520C Tower CPU Heatsink Fan
  14. K

i dont wanna pay more then 40-50 per cpu cooler
  15. K

@RolloZ170 the lenovo cooler you linked me to is it for lga 2011 or 1366 i cant tell looking at the screws if they are m3 or m4 screws
  16. K

@RolloZ170 do you have a cooler recommendation for my mobo that doesnt cost an arm and a leg? dont really wanna spend 50$ per cooler 100$ for two mobo cpu coolers is outrageous
  17. K

ok so i currently have a SUPERMICRO MOTHERBOARD X9DRi-LN4F+ Rev 1.20 running a matched pair of E5-2660 V2 cpus. i found a socket 2011 cpu cooler but when i google the model number of the cooler i dont get any info ebay has it listed as HSO SM SNK-P004APA4 CPU Heat Sink w/ Cooling Fan i have...
  18. K

need help choosing a cpu cooler

@heromode am i correct in assuming that since i have the square ilm i can order any 2011 cpu cooler off newegg and it should just screw right in
  19. K

need help choosing a cpu cooler

@Patriot the passive coolers came with the motherboard and cpu combo when i bought it and i needed to test to make sure it worked so thats why i used them